News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

what piezo for DIY Pad

Started by teletom007, November 19, 2015, 08:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teletom007

google translation

Hello community,
after a long break I want to become more active again.
I'm putting on a DIY pad bar, ie 5 small trigger pads adjacent.
To this end, I glued a piezoelectric of Conrad Electronics in per a square tube and the tube filled with hard rubber.
https://www.conrad.de/de/piezokeramisches-element-epz-serie-6400-hz-inhalt-1-st-710385.html

Now, however, the trigger sensitivity is too low, so my questions:

1.Which Choice of pads in Drumit5 has the highest sensitivity.
2. Does anyone know perhaps more appropriate Piezos

Hallo Gemeinde,
nach längerer Pause will ich wieder etwas aktiver werden.
Ich baue gerade an einer DIY Pad-Bar, also 5 kleine Triggerpads nebeneinander.
Hierzu habe ich in je ein Vierkantrohr einen Piezo von Conrad Elektronik eingeklebt und das Rohr mit Hartgummi belegt.
https://www.conrad.de/de/piezokeramisches-element-epz-serie-6400-hz-inhalt-1-st-710385.html

Nun ist aber die Trigger Empfindlichkeit zu niedrig, daher meine Fragen:

1.Welche Padauswahl im Drumit5 hat die höchste Empfindlichkeit.
2. Kennt jemand vielleicht geeignetere Piezos

Könnte vielleicht von euch jemand den Text in ein verständliches Englisch übersetzen damit ich das mal im großen Forum posten kann.

tom

Coda

1. I think the Rubh trigger settings are the most sensitive.

2. I think that the problem is not the piezo, but maybe the way the tube is filled - it is probably doing a very good job at dampening the vibrations.

teletom007

hy,
fibration is not a problem that I solved.
but with the attitude "rubber" it does not work hard enough. I think the piezo afford too little.

Coda

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Maybe also write in German?

Anyway, the piezo is not too small. I use 15 and 20mm piezos on my cymbals and cowbell, it's perfect size.

teletom007

danke,
wenn der Piezo ok ist muss ich sehen wo das problem liegt. Vielleicht habe ich das ganze System auch zu sehr gedämmt. Ich werde es als nächstes mit sehr harten schlagflächen versuchen.

thank you,
if the piezo is ok I have to see where the problem lies. Maybe I have the whole system even at very insulated. I will next try with very hard playing surfaces.

tom