News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drum sounds 2 Box stock vs Superior, Kontact, Addictive Drummer.

Started by 123pblack, November 17, 2015, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123pblack

Would it be difficult for me to record my acoustic drums, bass & snare at least & sample them through superior drummer or any other plugins?

I mean dynamic wise would I need to record tons of different volume hits to make it work ?

Coda

Yes, lots of work. But you could do it, and use Kontakt for arranging it, or just hand convert to dsounds.

123pblack

sn47som

Quote from: 123pblack on November 20, 2015, 06:09:27 AM
I still think Spirit sound nicer than Sonor (•~•%)

this guy haha there is no drum that sounds more nice than a sonor. at most there are drums that sound close to being equal u could say. here are some examples not in order:

ayotte
yamaha
spaun
dw
pearl masterworks

123pblack

I still think Spirt Drums sound nicer and much more acoustic and natural Than ''Sonor'' :) :) ha ha

The Timber Cooktown Ironwood (Erythropleum Chlorostachys) is found in Far North Queensland Australia in an area known as Cape York Peninsula (over 160,000sq klms). Ironwood is one of the hardest and densest timber's in the world. It grows in the "dry country" and even when green has very low moisture content making it extremelly stable. It has a bright red heartwood and a medium even texture with interlocking grain making it extremely stable and durable. On a hardness scale it is twice the hardness of Maple and nearly 50% harder than Jarrah giving it incredible acoustic properties.The timber is so dense it even sinks in water.

Ironwood is photo sensitive and over time the timber darkens to a deep rich red colour with beautiful swirls in the grain on some pieces. Used as bush medicine by the Aboriginal people, Ironwood bark was used in infusions to treat spear wounds and its leaves boiled to treat headaches.

InTheBox

Quote from: 123pblack on November 23, 2015, 10:06:53 AM
Ironwood bark was used in infusions to treat spear wounds and its leaves boiled to treat headaches.

Not sure how this would be a selling point for drums. I don't see myself boiling down shavings from my drum kit every time I have a headache.  ;D

Seriously though.. if you want to go down the sampling route I suggest you take a thorough look at Endre's videos at  http://endre-enerd.com/tech-info/sounds . It will give you a good idea about how much work you're in for.

123pblack

Cool will do :) just snare & bassdrum :) thanks for that!

SPIRIT RULES THE ROOST :)