News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

KICK DRUM MOUNTS TOO FAR IN TOWARDS THE SNARE STAND, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Started by sn47som, November 13, 2015, 03:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sn47som

Hey guys I love this drum set!!!!
One of my only gripes with it is that the kick drum mounting seems to be flawed. The kick drum at least for me, mounts to far in towards my snare/snare stand. This forces me to have to sit further away from the kit to get proper leg stance when sitting at the kit. But now my arms are too far away from the snare drum/toms/cymbals. Its really annoying as you can imagine. If I want to achieve the right distance sitting from the snare/toms/cymbals for me, my leg is to far bent in at the kick drum. To fix this issue I need to sit further away from the kit, in turn setting me too far back from the snare/toms and cymbals   grrrrrrr!!!!
any kick drum mounting suggestions to fix this issue? Only thin i thought of was flipping the kick drum mounting cross bar structure the opposite away facing outward instead of inward. This would move the kick further out but I think it would be too far outward creating a new problem.

sn47som

I found my own solution!
I ended up turning the bottom structure bar/frame that the kick mount mounts on with the bow of it facing forward instead of inward. I also mounted the tom mount extenders from the top in.  :drum1: