News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Sharing the tuning and configuration files

Started by hasanacar, September 18, 2015, 11:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanacar

Hello all,

Its obvious that after 2 months of playing and changing the triggering, masking, gain and sensitivities, i feel like I have a better experience of playing. But this makes me think whether I have the right tweaks and tunings for the acoustic like playing experience. As I do not play on acoustic drums normally, I am concerned whether I am having a wrong touch sensitivity and stick control. What I wonder is , if any of you play acoustic and 2 box together and made the right tunings to have the best experience.
And finally is it possible to share it with me, so that I can import it to module..?

Giving some ideas about the tightness of your pads and position of  your beater would also have an importance on that files successful import I guess.

Thanks In advance

Coda

I'm in the same boat, not having played acoustic drums for 15 years (and then probably only for a couple) and since then I learned to play on and got used to roland v-drums. To me, the 2box is a completely different thing, I'm in a process now of having to learn to play, again...

However, I didn't buy a whole 2box kit, just the module. All my pads and cymbals are DIY, and I think my difficulties in understanding the triggering come from that aspect - but, I have found myself thinking at times "how would this feel/sound on a real kit?" and "after playing this for a couple years, would I be able to move to an acoustic kit without significant difficulty?" It means I need to go to a friendly music store where they have an acoustic kit or two set up, and play them for a while. It could answer my questions, and maybe yours too.

InTheBox

I think acoustic and digital drums should be considered two different beasts. You'll never be able to completely replicate the feel and sound of an acoustic kit. You'll be able to emulate it darn close, but there will always be a slight difference, especially when it comes to feel (if you play rubber cymbals and mesh heads).

I find my playing to be different when I play my 2box than when I play my Ludwigs, things just respond differently and I adjust accordingly. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.

hasanacar

Thanks for the replies, fellows.

I completely agree with u for that there will always be differences between elektric and acoustic sets. but as u all will agree, we have like millions of different combinations for the waning and tweaking options. So what I actual ask is whether any of you have both of these experiences together and made some professional tunings on the module, which can be shared for the stock 2box set, with mesh heads and rubber cymbals. and whether I can import that file ?

Thanks