News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

The 2Box e-cymbal with 3 zones...

Started by ANGR77, September 15, 2015, 07:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

I am guessing that this topic have been covered many time before...but I did not find any good topic when searching the forum.

The 2Box cymbal have 3 zones + the choke...how is this really working? I think I red that you Jman offers 3 Zone stealth cymbals...

How are they built ... 2 switches + piezo...or ....?

Best regards

Angr77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

ANGR77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

ANGR77

Hi!

I had some general thoughts about how 2Box do the bell/bow separation? One thing they measure is how hard you have hit the cymbal. You will have a higher voltage range if you hit on the bell but I am also thinking the 2Box module is also able to determine a bell hit by looking on the wave form and measures the time between the first positive wave to the second positive wave. I am guessing the curve time will differ if you compare a bell hit with a bow hit.

Anyone who have some thoughts, input or comments on this? :-)

Angr77

Coda

Quote from: ANGR77 on September 20, 2015, 07:16:47 AM
Hi!

I had some general thoughts about how 2Box do the bell/bow separation? One thing they measure is how hard you have hit the cymbal. You will have a higher voltage range if you hit on the bell but I am also thinking the 2Box module is also able to determine a bell hit by looking on the wave form and measures the time between the first positive wave to the second positive wave. I am guessing the curve time will differ if you compare a bell hit with a bow hit.

Anyone who have some thoughts, input or comments on this? :-)

Angr77
Yep. No. My observations tell me that it's only about the strength of the hit reaching the piezo that determines the zone, because if I hit very light on the bell, I can get a bow sound, and if I hit really hard on the bow, I can get a bell sound. But for 99% of playing, the system works really well, as long as the gain and separation (L/M/H) is set correctly.

ANGR77

Great feedback! Many thank! I was starting to wonder if I was completely alone in the hardware forum area! :-) Could also be that the Swedish guy asked questions which are common knowledge for everybody except...:-)

Yes - you are right...I took a oscilloscope today and scanned the signal and the selection of sounds are totally based on the velocity. Nothing else!

This knowledge could maybe open up a couple of opportunities and a invention...

Best regards

Angr77