News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

kick pad mount issue

Started by hasanacar, September 06, 2015, 05:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanacar

Hello
I ve been playing the kit for a few months. and in the meantime, although I loved the sounds and the dynamics about the set. the kick has always been a bit weird to me, and I ve been tweaking and trying thigs for so long.. finally I came up with a weird scrrew issue. The kick pad and the L shaped black metal part that s assembled to each other have 4 screws . In my case 2 of them, the upper ones are tightened very hard and two parts are attached very well, but the below ones are not tightened. these screws are drived in to the hole but they do not not attach the black L shaped part to the kick pad.. this way I have som more whobbbling I guess.

I know I am not the expert at English. but I hope you have understand what I mean. I will try to put the picture as well..

In your case, are all those 4 screws are tightened the L metal to kick pad ?

Or do I have a weird production issue ?

Thanks

Jman

Here is the page from the MKII rack manual with pics explaining the kick mounting. Since you bought the kit used you don't know for sure if it was put together correctly or has the original parts. Also, some early MKII kits came with MKI kick drums ... someone with an MKI kick might have a pic. Maybe this will help.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

hasanacar

Quote from: Jman on September 08, 2015, 05:11:14 PM
Here is the page from the MKII rack manual with pics explaining the kick mounting. Since you bought the kit used you don't know for sure if it was put together correctly or has the original parts. Also, some early MKII kits came with MKI kick drums ... someone with an MKI kick might have a pic. Maybe this will help.

Thanks Jman

I actually trieed rally realluy hard and could tightly drove the srcews, I guess I even hurt my wrist and fingers.. but finally those screws are fitting tight now... I dont know why the holes were that tiny..
Thanks anyway...