News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New 2box sounds??

Started by InTheBox, August 28, 2015, 04:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

2Box tried to hook up with Fxpansion and Toontrack from the beginning, years ago and continued to try. The plans were to make it possible to just hook up the module and import kits. Or have expansion kits built for the 2Box. But neither was willing supposedly worried about people pirating the sounds. I even offered in the past to take 2Box kits and dsnds that I built from VSTs that I own and have them uploaded to that particular VST company's website as a sharing program. They would have control and only licensed software owners/users could share files. I think it would stimulate more software sales to 2Box owners who would like to be able to simply download 2Box instruments/kits if they own one of the VSTs. But those ideas were not responded to in a favorable way either. The fear of having the sounds stolen or copied unlawfully was always mentioned as the reason .... but, no coincidence IMO that guys affiliated with Fxpansion came out with their own module to do what 2Box wanted to .... all these years later after 2Box approached them. Again, that's just my opinion .... But regardless, that module is like the BFD Eco version ...... and 2Box is more like the full blown BFD3 version in comparison ...... there is still nothing out there that even comes close to what the 2Box module can do. Again, all my opinion, no official 2Box info .... hearsay, behind the scene rumors, but I own em ....  ;)
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Coda

Are you referring to NFUZD? Isn't that module still vapourware? Interesting that it's an ECO based product. Maybe the hardware can't cope with more than 24 layer sounds...

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Coda on September 02, 2015, 06:16:27 AM
Are you referring to NFUZD? Isn't that module still vapourware? Interesting that it's an ECO based product. Maybe the hardware can't cope with more than 24 layer sounds...
Coda, I'm actually testing that vapourware module right now, along with the vapourware kit which is also sitting on the floors of several Guitar Centers.

Coda

What's a "Guitar Center"?  ::)

Endre-eNerd

More new content is underway...

fishmonkey

i agree that being able to easily import new sounds is what sets the DrumIt Five apart from competing systems. the module is the unique part of the 2Box system, and readily available expansion packs would be a good thing. the rest of the hardware is ok, but nothing special, unless you particularly like orange (which i do).

i have the skills and equipment to create my own DSNDs, however i am also very busy and would be happy to pay money for ready-to-go sounds.

version 1 of the module is a bit hamstrung with the slow USB connection and small standard SD card though, surely this will change in the next version...

teletom007

Quote from: Endre-eNerd on September 03, 2015, 12:53:39 AM
More new content is underway...

ohhh, very interesting news. we're glad.

tom

Travis182

Quote from: digitalDrummer on September 02, 2015, 10:00:50 AM
Coda, I'm actually testing that vapourware module right now, along with the vapourware kit which is also sitting on the floors of several Guitar Centers.

Allan i'm really interested as i keep seeing different specs plucked out of the air from various people (even nfuzd members) starting that it does have memory (512mb) and then someone else said (4gb) of memory but i can't see any info on their website at all for memory etc?. Also one member from Nfuzd saying it's 24bit and then others 16bit. It seems like there are so many different contradicting bits of information going around.

Also as coda mentions does it have a limit on layers?

Coda

>starting that it does have memory (512mb) and then someone else said (4gb)

They could both be right. 512mb of system flash and 4GB of soundbanks perhaps.

>Also as coda mentions does it have a limit on layers?

There's probably no easy way for Allan to determine this without documentation or knowledge of how the sounds are assembled.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear it's not 'vaporware' as I'd originally feared (after hearing a lot about it over the last couple of years and yet seeing nothing concrete, plus past experience of similar things, I can't be blamed for that).

Jman

Quote from: Coda on September 03, 2015, 08:42:56 AM
>starting that it does have memory (512mb) and then someone else said (4gb)

They could both be right. 512mb of system flash and 4GB of soundbanks perhaps.

>Also as coda mentions does it have a limit on layers?

There's probably no easy way for Allan to determine this without documentation or knowledge of how the sounds are assembled.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear it's not 'vaporware' as I'd originally feared (after hearing a lot about it over the last couple of years and yet seeing nothing concrete, plus past experience of similar things, I can't be blamed for that).
This is what I was told when I asked at NAMM:
the NSPIRE will only have 8 samples per instrument. The NAMM modules had 512MB of flash mem.

Beyond that, or if they changed it between NAMM and shipping is not clear from any new info on the site that I know of.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Coda on September 02, 2015, 10:46:47 AM
What's a "Guitar Center"?  ::)
The world's largest music retailer!!
Quote from: Jman on September 04, 2015, 12:06:40 AM
This is what I was told when I asked at NAMM:
the NSPIRE will only have 8 samples per instrument. The NAMM modules had 512MB of flash mem.
Beyond that, or if they changed it between NAMM and shipping is not clear from any new info on the site that I know of.
It does look like eight samples per instrument (judging from the messages I see on the screen during file transfer when exporting BFD samples), but there is onboard processing to generate additional layers in the module.
Also, there is an 85MB limit on the size of the kit being transferred, but there are ways to reduce the kit size - eg not exporting unused instruments, trimming some of the samples, removing FX. Also, it's worth noting that you can mix and match sounds, so I have just exported a Peter Erskine jazz kit, and to reduce the file size, didn't include some of the cymbals. On the module, I can slot in the stock NFUZD jazz cymbals and save that as a User Kit.