News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Just got a 2box... with an issue

Started by chymx2, August 28, 2015, 03:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chymx2

Hi,

I got 2box second hand.  The hi-hat doesn't seem to be working correctly.  It only plays an open hi-hat sound and wont calibrate.  I keep getting the "no change" when I go through the process.  I've seen a few threads on this and most of them point to having it repaired. 

Before I have to go the paid route is there anything I could be missing? Here is what I've done so far.

-It has 1.30 on it
- green foam end facing up
-I did a factory reset
-I have tried the calibration a million times ;)
-swapped cables (all of them seem to be original cables that came with it)
-Opened the hi-hat sensor box to see if all the wires were connected and they are and the board is very clean

Anything else I should try to narrow down what exactly the problem is?

Also when I hit the hi-hat button on the module it plays an open hat and it does it as well when I press the more button along with the hi-hat button.  should one of those play a closed hi-hat? Just wondering (hoping) if maybe there is setting that is the culprit of all this

Hope to be around and make some cool drums.  I am planning on the card expansion mod but first I'd like to get the basics working =)

Coda

Pressing the hihat button while moving the hihat towards and away from the magnet will play transitions from open-closed, depending on how far away the hat sensor is from the magnet. Of course, if your hihat is not able to be calibrated, this probably wont work.

If you are 100% sure that your cable is fine (a stereo/TRS cable with all conductors having connectivity) and you assembled the magnet/hat properly, then you will probably need a repair.

chymx2

Thanks for the reply Coda.  Yeah I am assuming it needs a repair... So far the customer service has not really gotten me anywhere...  US distributor doest think they can repair it, even though it seems a few here have had it repaired... 2 box Sweden just keeps telling me to contact my local distributor...  Will try again today.

nocturnodrummer

order an updated hi hat electronic board from your distributor. you can replace it yourself if you got any solder skill.

chymx2

Just spoke with them.  I can send it in for repair, paying for it but at least it's not the cost of a new cymbal. :)

Cajonass

Cheers, just bought a used Drumit Five and i have the same problem.
Did you get the thing fixed?
If yes, how much was the repair?

I got the same problem, also bought it used. Could the magnet be the problem, does anyone think buying a new one would change something?

The pad still works, so could I just use it as a third cymbal if  I buy a new Hihat?

Thanks for answers in advance  :patbat2box:

InTheBox

If I had a faulty hi hat and were living in the US I'd go with the Jman hi hat conversion straight away instead of paying to have it fixed.

nocturnodrummer

Please search the board. 2box changed the pcb board inside the hihat due to this issue sometime in the past. Voltage peak of some sort caused the hall sensor to malfunction. I had that issue, contacted 2box and distributor and had a new pcb sent and resoldered it myself.

chymx2

Sorry I have been MIA on this.. if it's still relevant for you.  I cost me roughly $50 to have it repaired.  I had to ship it and pay for return shipping.  It was pretty good customer service.