News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

The 'eNerd' library for the 2Box DrumIt Five module

Started by espen, August 21, 2015, 04:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teletom007

#eNred.
great job, not exactly my sound, but respect for the work. 8)

tom

InTheBox

Quote from: Endre-eNerd on August 29, 2015, 03:21:14 PM
Unfortunately none of the currently available editing tools was designed with multitrack recordings in mind. Some new additions to SDSE could fit the bill, but we'll need to talk about those with Denis in the near future. He helped me a lot so far and some of the latest SDSE features were added in response to my requests. The expected release date of the cymbal samples (and the other kits I'm planning to release) will largely depend on the outcome of those discussions.

Hehehe.. Poor Lustar, he'll have no peace from us until those updates for SDSE are done  ;D

Endre-eNerd

Quote from: InTheBox on August 30, 2015, 07:56:26 AM
Hehehe.. Poor Lustar, he'll have no peace from us until those updates for SDSE are done  ;D
We had a long call today... Anyone waiting for new sounds should hold on.

InTheBox

Quote from: Endre-eNerd on September 03, 2015, 12:58:28 AM
We had a long call today... Anyone waiting for new sounds should hold on.

Meaning "be patient for a while" or "just around the corner"?? ;) ;) ;D

Endre-eNerd

Quote from: InTheBox on September 06, 2015, 06:46:31 AM
Meaning "be patient for a while" or "just around the corner"?? ;) ;) ;D
The former. We have a workable plan, but the execution will take some time. Once done, the production of new kits will be 4-5 times faster.

Endre-eNerd

I uploaded an update last night. It applies to the kick sound in all five kits. It's my bad, the original upload contained some layers that were scrapped in the final version, sorry.

InTheBox

Quote from: Endre-eNerd on September 10, 2015, 03:37:18 PM
I uploaded an update last night. It applies to the kick sound in all five kits. It's my bad, the original upload contained some layers that were scrapped in the final version, sorry.

Thank you Endre.

I noticed a tiny rattle in the kick sound, was that it? To me it was just fine, added a bit of authenticity to the sound.

Is the update available separately, or is it bundled with the rest?

Endre-eNerd

Quote from: InTheBox on September 10, 2015, 06:43:15 PM
I noticed a tiny rattle in the kick sound, was that it? To me it was just fine, added a bit of authenticity to the sound.
Yes. At first I thought it was ok, too, but as I played more, I realized that at quieter passages it can get annoying. I know there are a few dirtier layers in some stock sounds as well, but these noises made the kick less universal. Plus (my bad), I found two erroneous layers.

Quote from: InTheBox on September 10, 2015, 06:43:15 PM
Is the update available separately, or is it bundled with the rest?
No separate updates. I wanted to keep the download page as simple as possible with a single link for each kit. That will make life easier for new users.