News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

The 'eNerd' library for the 2Box DrumIt Five module

Started by espen, August 21, 2015, 04:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

That's very true Jman! I played on a pair of DW's last week...worth about $20K just for the shells...(custom ordered)...just think of having them sampled and then entered in to 2Box...

This is a cliff hanger...do you think you can find any samples in the 2Box factory settings produced from an expensive and rare kit?

Best Regards

Angr77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

Quote from: ANGR77 on August 24, 2015, 08:18:22 PM
That's very true Jman! I played on a pair of DW's last week...worth about $20K just for the shells...(custom ordered)...just think of having them sampled and then entered in to 2Box...

This is a cliff hanger...do you think you can find any samples in the 2Box factory settings produced from an expensive and rare kit?

Best Regards

Angr77
Well, the original 2Box drums in the stock module are here: http://bigjambo.com/www.bigjambo.com/Studio.html
and you have the additional kits/sounds on the 2Box website for free download
But since we have an open sound source module ....... with all the VSTi's out there I know I have 10's of thousands of dollars worth of acoustic kits already built on my PC and cards for the 2Box module. Including drums of Peart, Nick Mason, Terry Bozzio, Billy Cobham, Nigel Olsson, Chad Smith ... just to name a few. At least a half dozen different Acrylic kits (Vistalite and others). Drum brands ..... DW, Pearl, Tama, Camco, Ludwig, Fibes, OC drums, Tamburo, etc. etc. We have a huge amount of drum choices out there already, and the list grows. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

ANGR77

Jman - not a bad guess at all. You say something here in your text...Big Jambo, the truth is that the X Shell drums found in 2Box is the actual DW VLX Kit worth $20 000...So you are right there are some real expensive kits sampled in 2Box.  ;D

ANGR77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

The download links are now up. With specs on no. of hits per articulation.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Coda

Downloading - thanks for the heads-up. Looking forward to those cymbals...

HumpieDrum

He,

I download the zip dkit file and put in on my card.
No sounds ?
I am on a Mac is that the problem ?
Am i doing something wrong?

Humpiedrum (the Netherlands)

Coda

>I am on a Mac is that the problem ?
The Mac is never the problem :P

User error. If you double-click the zip file, by default it will unzip the contents of the zip in the same location. It sounds like you just dragged only the dkit file, and not the sounds folder(s) onto the SD Card.

HumpieDrum

Thank you Coda and Telecom007 :rock:

I feel stupid :-\ i did dragged only the dkit file. ;D

The sounds are great!

And yes....Mac to!.........Lustar ;)

Coda

HAHA I should SMITE you for that lol, but one Mac user never harms another  8)

Endre-eNerd

The download page is now live: http://endre-enerd.com/tech-info/sounds

There were some questions about 2Box's plans to develop more sounds in the future, I'm posting my reply here as well, as some of you might find it useful:
The work process of making the eNerd kits was no different to that of any other kit. 2Box has always outsourced the sound creation and the stock kits were recorded in various studios.
Although my signature kits were published on my website, we worked closely together with 2Box to make sure everything would go fine. The initial plan was that we'd only do the recording here and they'd finish the instruments in Sweden, but during the mixing I realized that if I wanted to make the dsnds sound and behave exactly as I planned, then I had to do the whole editing and dsnd creation at my studio.
2Box.se is undergoing a major redesign, so don't expect too much new content to get posted on the old site, but 2Box already announced the eNerd kits and posted two chapters of the supplementary video on their facebook page.

InTheBox

Quote from: Endre-eNerd on August 29, 2015, 11:24:52 AM
The download page is now live: http://endre-enerd.com/tech-info/sounds

Great to have you on the forum Endre. I really loved the job you did on those Peaveys. Do you have any plans for the release of the cymbals?

Coda

^ you need to write your stuff afer the [/quote] bracket :)

Endre-eNerd

Quote from: InTheBox on August 29, 2015, 02:54:26 PM
Do you have any plans for the release of the cymbals?
Unfortunately none of the currently available editing tools was designed with multitrack recordings in mind. Some new additions to SDSE could fit the bill, but we'll need to talk about those with Denis in the near future. He helped me a lot so far and some of the latest SDSE features were added in response to my requests. The expected release date of the cymbal samples (and the other kits I'm planning to release) will largely depend on the outcome of those discussions.

Endre-eNerd

Quote from: Coda on August 23, 2015, 05:54:08 AM
I believe the downloadable kits will include Turkish cymbals, if I paid attention to the video.
Correct. I've been an endorser of Turkish Cymbals for a long time, the Meinl set was used for Dani's tune only, because he is a Meinl artist.