News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Magnatrack DM10 Conversion

Started by froidy81, August 13, 2015, 05:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froidy81

https://vimeo.com/136172085

Alesis DM10 conversion, mesh heads with 2box. No tweaks whatsoever and no kick or snare double triggering. Fantastic stuff.

Coda

Your first post, and it sounds like an advert. Tell me I'm wrong.

froidy81

Quote from: Coda on August 13, 2015, 05:43:57 AM
Your first post, and it sounds like an advert. Tell me I'm wrong.

Yeah I can see that :) but there are other guys on here that have been here longer that have mentioned the brand. I think they look awesome but check out the videos and make up your own mind :) I have an early prototype that is working great! I am a real person however and not a robot lol

There is a site with a heap more vids on there:
www.magnatracktrigger.com

I think the abilty to trigger a head accurately with almost no tension is incredible. I have always used mesh on Roland modules with foam cones and you have to have them tightened up so much they become like trampolines! The kick is the best, no double triggering even on larger size heads.

Coda

Thank you for being honest. I think your post should have been more clear that you are the person behind the system and probably should have posted it in here instead: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/board,6.0.html

I'm not a mod, so don't take offence if I'm wrong. Edit: Or if I'm right lol  ;D

JoeMcc

It amazes me how people make a judgment without even taking a look at the product.  Anyone with a free floating, un-dampened drum with a 2box module knows there is a problem with double triggering with edge mounted triggers.  This is the reason that 2box came out with OS 1.30!  They know the potential of catering to DIY E-drummers.  Let's face it, the 2box module is the best sounding module out there. However, the mask setting added to the OS is not acceptable as it kills and fast stick work or buzz rolls.  Magnatracks allows a free floating, un-dampened, drum head to be used without double triggering. 

I have only been a member of this forum for a year and only 20 posts, but if something works...give it a chance before knocking it down.

Coda

Who's making a judgement? Who's knocking a product down?
My post was not about the product, but rather the poster trying to surreptitiously advertise their product on a public forum.

I think you're reading things that are not there.

fulrmr

Unless I'm mistaken...I don't think froidy81 has anything to do with the product except that he may know the inventor and that he is an early adapter.

froidy81

That's correct Dan :)

I can just see how much better these are compared to what I'm currently using. Not that there is anything wrong with my current side mount DIY triggers but the real issue I had was with double triggering on the kick. This is the answer to my problems there as with the magnets there is always 100% contact with the head and they move with it so their won't be a foam cone to lose contact with (even at tighter tensions) I think it's gonna take off but I know most people aren't going to want to look at it until they can try one for themselves and I totally get that. I'm getting in now while they are cheaper ;) Steve has attracted the attention of Modern Drummer and a few bigger names with these so it will be interesting to see what unfolds :) That will be another important step, getting a big name drummer to start using them.

Jman

Quote from: froidy81 on August 13, 2015, 11:38:09 PM
That's correct Dan :)

I can just see how much better these are compared to what I'm currently using. Not that there is anything wrong with my current side mount DIY triggers but the real issue I had was with double triggering on the kick. This is the answer to my problems there as with the magnets there is always 100% contact with the head and they move with it so their won't be a foam cone to lose contact with (even at tighter tensions) I think it's gonna take off but I know most people aren't going to want to look at it until they can try one for themselves and I totally get that. I'm getting in now while they are cheaper ;) Steve has attracted the attention of Modern Drummer and a few bigger names with these so it will be interesting to see what unfolds :) That will be another important step, getting a big name drummer to start using them.
No offense to you, but triggering a kick, even a kick 22" or larger with perfect response and no double triggering is not a big deal, as well as the rest of the kit for that matter. It is nice to see such an increased interest in DIY Edrums, but at the same time there are 100's of ways to get it wrong. Triggers mounted directly to the head have been around for many, many years as well: http://pintechworld.com/shop/pintech-external-drum-trigger/
There are also a huge number of edrummers out there using cone center mount or side mount triggers with foam and getting great results consistently year after year. 
I wish Steve the best in this endeavor, but I think it is important to keep things in perspective, J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/