News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Just Set my new 2 box up and has some concerns

Started by hasanacar, July 04, 2015, 04:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanacar

Hello 2boxers

I ve just set my 2box set . this set was a second hand one, which is used for just 2 months. I ve migrated from roland td11 and VST triggered studios. But firstly,
* I wanted to reset all the kuts to have a fresh start but could not find how to.. in Unit pages there is no INIT page for me
* Then I have a constant distortion on my headphones and even more whn I hit a bass centric tom or Kick in some sets. Thats extremely annoying, I ve found some settings about it . but did nit help. Like strero. mix 2+1, etc..  This headphone is a very nice one, sennheiser hd280 pro. thats not possible that this is not powrful enough to create those outputs form module..

Thanks..

Jman

What OS version is the module? It will display that at startup. You can also go to the last Unit page and it will show the OS version.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

hasanacar

Quote from: Jman on July 04, 2015, 05:14:12 PM
What OS version is the module? It will display that at startup. You can also go to the last Unit page and it will show the OS version.

Immediatly I started to play with it, I upgraded to 1.30 . but can not reset the module... And this bass overhead on heapphones and distortion is too annoying..

Jman

Quote from: hasanacar on July 04, 2015, 07:30:38 PM
Immediatly I started to play with it, I upgraded to 1.30 . but can not reset the module... And this bass overhead on heapphones and distortion is too annoying..
If the module has the original backup file DrumitInit.dkit then you can restore the original settings. While the module is on press the More and Kit buttons together and hold. You can then choose the DrumitInit to restore the original factory setup file. Press the Next or Previous button to find the DrumitInit choice.

Jman

In case you don't have the original DrumiInit.dkit file on your module here it is:
https://files.secureserver.net/0s34uFk9R9ZR0Y
That file corresponds with the latest 2Box module and sounds. It must be loaded to the Top (Root) folder of the module.

hasanacar

Quote from: Jman on July 05, 2015, 12:46:35 AM
In case you don't have the original DrumiInit.dkit file on your module here it is:
https://files.secureserver.net/0s34uFk9R9ZR0Y
That file corresponds with the latest 2Box module and sounds. It must be loaded to the Top (Root) folder of the module.

Thanks Jman for your help.. As soon as I reset the set, this time my hi hat calibration is gone.. The modue warns me to do the calibration . But honestly nothing is clear . no meaningful instructions. Is there an easy way to this hi hat calibration..?

An another issue, with resetting I was expecting to have clearer sounds. but looks like all the components sounds are more washed out and I still have this deep distortion when I use toms and bass drum in most of the presets.. I actulaly cant think of a possible reason for this..

Jman

Quote from: hasanacar on July 05, 2015, 05:48:02 PM
Thanks Jman for your help.. As soon as I reset the set, this time my hi hat calibration is gone.. The modue warns me to do the calibration . But honestly nothing is clear . no meaningful instructions. Is there an easy way to this hi hat calibration..?

An another issue, with resetting I was expecting to have clearer sounds. but looks like all the components sounds are more washed out and I still have this deep distortion when I use toms and bass drum in most of the presets.. I actulaly cant think of a possible reason for this..
You are on a brand new system, you need to look through the manual 1st off: http://www.2box.se/download/pdf/DrumIt_Five_Manual_1_2x_eng.pdf
and the 1.3 addendum was with your download of OS 1.30.
As far as sound: There is Kit EQ and FX adjustments that affect the headphone sounds.

wildhorse5678

hasanacar

Quote from: wildhorse5678 on July 12, 2015, 06:14:40 AM
You may want to check out my videos at www.2boxfornewbies.weebly.com

Thanks..

I am still trying to fix the noise distortion issue on my headphones while playing toms and kick...

ANGR77

Take a look at page 65 in the user manual and adjust your mixer settings to follow the scenario 1 rehearsal room...and then adjust your kick and Tom volume on the mixer.

(I am guessing if using any setting of sub/mix followed by a ! will give you some nice distorsion)

Angr77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Coda

Yes, every setting with a "!" fixes the output at 0db (i.e nominal (or max?)) and the volume control on the front panel does nothing for those settings. I still need to find an optimal solution myself - I just played the 2box live for the first time, I changed the output setting from "Mix" to "Mix!" and plugged into physical outs 1+2 (knowing that I wouldnt use metronome or click-track this week so I didn't bother changing the mix settings) and I let the sound guy handle the levels at the desk. They are looking at buying an 8 input DI box now... <worried> :-)

hasanacar

Quote from: Coda on August 05, 2015, 10:02:26 AM
Yes, every setting with a "!" fixes the output at 0db (i.e nominal (or max?)) and the volume control on the front panel does nothing for those settings. I still need to find an optimal solution myself - I just played the 2box live for the first time, I changed the output setting from "Mix" to "Mix!" and plugged into physical outs 1+2 (knowing that I wouldnt use metronome or click-track this week so I didn't bother changing the mix settings) and I let the sound guy handle the levels at the desk. They are looking at buying an 8 input DI box now... <worried> :-)

Quote from: ANGR77 on August 04, 2015, 10:08:58 PM
Take a look at page 65 in the user manual and adjust your mixer settings to follow the scenario 1 rehearsal room...and then adjust your kick and Tom volume on the mixer.

(I am guessing if using any setting of sub/mix followed by a ! will give you some nice distorsion)

Angr77

thanks guys..
Looks like this might be related to those setings.. But I unfortuanetly still have this disturbing noise.. in deep  toms sounds.. but also, after sometie, even when I m not playing, ther's like radio wawes kind of signal noise deeply..  I am not sure if this is related to a settings or a magnetic field kind of thing..

ANGR77

Do You have this noise on all outputs or just the phones output?
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

hasanacar

Quote from: ANGR77 on August 05, 2015, 11:22:34 PM
Do You have this noise on all outputs or just the phones output?

I actually just tried the headphones as I don't have any drum amplifiers.  but this is a 4 month old second hand set, and the previous owner told me that he did not have any problem with this kind of distortion on drum amps.

thanks.