News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Using 2BOx Module with a DrumKat

Started by 510man, June 27, 2015, 04:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

510man

I use a ddrum4 with a Drumkat and I'm looking to move to a 2Box or DTX900. I have the DTX900 now and it's a disappointment. The ddrum4 sounds WAY better. Now I'm moving on the the 2Box.

I did a search on DrumKat and only got two hits. Has anybody used a 2Box with a DrumKat? Is there a MIDI map? Does it follow ddrum4 (hihat on 95 & 96), which didn't follow the MIDI standard in several ways. The ddrum4 works well with a DrumKat but it takes a little while to figure out the non-standard setup. The 2Box may take a similar extra effort to setup with a DrumKat if no one has mapped it out yet.

digitalDrummer

Hi there,
The problem I envisage is the HH. I tried using a 2box with my Zendrum, but had to give up because the default HH sound didn't map the way I needed it.

510man

the ddrum4 hihat works but does not work according to the MIDI standard. Is there a 2box MIDI note chart somewhere?

edtc

Quote from: 510man on July 02, 2015, 02:41:20 PM
the ddrum4 hihat works but does not work according to the MIDI standard. Is there a 2box MIDI note chart somewhere?

i guess it s in the manual ...

digitalDrummer

fishmonkey

Quote from: 510man on July 02, 2015, 02:41:20 PM

yes, the default MIDI channels and notes are in the manual. not in the 1.3 addendum, but the full 1.2x manual.

you can also change the channels and notes.