News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

What sounds go out the "PERC" on the line outs?

Started by Devious123, June 17, 2015, 10:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devious123

I was trying to find out what sounds go out on the line out "PERC" setting on the busses, can anyone enlighten me? I have cymbals instead of rims on the toms alternate inputs. Is it possible to route them to line outs?

Jman

There are lots of routing options you can use. Starting on page 55 in the 1.2X 2Box manual it explains routing. From the factory, your tom rims or Percussion is routed to Busses 3 and 4 just like the tom heads, but you can change that. For example if I add a splash cymbal instead of a tom rim I route it to the same busses as my other cymbals.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Devious123

Ok so percussion=rims, then Why didn't they just call it Rims :) oh just found it in the manual (page 15). I thought i saw that somewhere, but couldn't find it again, thanks for the help. Oh thought i only had 1 more available input, totally forgot about the snare rim channel :) I still have two for additions!

Another ? there is a section in the high hat midi (unit-hped) area that refers midi "Set here the controller format for the foot controller of the hihat. you can choose between cc1 (modulation wheel) and cc4 (pedal control). Page 51. Could you enlighten me on how these two parameters effect recording/ or the drumit units hihat.

I would like to know more about what exactly the sensitivity does. I've adjusted it, but it I couldn't really tell what the effect of the adjustments did?

fishmonkey

Quote from: Devious123 on June 17, 2015, 09:35:21 PM
Another ? there is a section in the high hat midi (unit-hped) area that refers midi "Set here the controller format for the foot controller of the hihat. you can choose between cc1 (modulation wheel) and cc4 (pedal control). Page 51. Could you enlighten me on how these two parameters effect recording/ or the drumit units hihat.

the right settings for those hi-hat MIDI parameters depends on what software (or hardware) drum sampler you are wanting to trigger with the MIDI data, and how you have it set up.

the CC setting is used to choose which MIDI Control Change number the hi-hat pedal position is being transmitted on. some CC numbers have conventional names and uses (e.g. CC1 corresponds with the modulation wheel that is usually found on a digital keyboard). CC1 or CC4 are commonly used for hi-hat pedal position messages.

after that you have two pairs of settings which do two things: firstly, they choose the polarity of the pedal height messages, i.e. whether pedal up is 0 and pedal down is 127, or vice versa. secondly, they determine if the pedal position should be sent continuously, or only in the vicinity of actual hi-hat strikes. if the drum sampler supports it, the continuous setting generally gives better hi-hat control, but at the expense of generating much more MIDI data.

note that these MIDI settings do not affect the performance of the internal drum sampler in the Drumit Five module. however they are very important if you are wanting to record the MIDI and/or use it to trigger external software or hardware...

Devious123

I suppose these settings would be needed in you were to say record the midi to a track in a daw, which is something I plan on doing.