News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Magnatrack Triggers on Indiegogo

Started by JoeMcc, June 16, 2015, 05:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeMcc

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/magnatrack-the-first-dual-sided-drum-trigger#/story

Interesting idea!  If i'm understanding this right, this could eliminate hot spots while eliminating double triggering that can occur on free floating, un-dampened heads.  If that's the case, these triggers will provide full range triggering across the entire velocity range. 

Watch the vids. 

I can't wait to try these with the 2box module!

JoeMcc

edtc

this is really a clever idea !!! 

i dont think it will improve  hotspot ... but it will surely improve crosstalk and triggering..

and no foam , no cone , no roland pattent ... those guys will be rich next year :)

Everytime a new product comes out they say it s a revolution , but for once i guess it s true ...

JoeMcc

I decided to support the kickstarter campaign.  Shoot, even at $25 you get a trigger to try out.

:)

Joe

fulrmr

These look to me basically the same thing as the Red Dot and Pintech Acoustic triggers that stick to the head which have been on the market for years. Like the head tension vid but if I were a Roland user(which I'm glad I'm not)...I'd hate to have to try and avoid that wart in the center just to get Positional Sensing. ;)

edtc

IMO the fact the piezo is strongly attached by the magnet provides more contact than a piezo sticked with adhesive ... more contact = a stronger signal ...  Today magnets are really powerfull ..

Maybe a test from Digitaldrummer soon ?

JoeMcc

Watch the vids!  THere is one where he's hitting a cymbal with a pipe trying to launch the trigger...No Go!  It stayed on.

JoeMcc

Some new vids coming soon...I think you guys will like them. 
:)

digitalDrummer

Of course, digitalDrummer would love to review these, but it's very unlikely a sample will be provided before the "launch", and the launch looks like it depends on raising 12K. It's a bit of a Catch 22 - people may be more inclined to support the Kickstater if they had a independent assessment, but the independent assessment will only come after the launch???
I have been in contact with the inventor, who is the same guy who makes Remedy Drums.

JoeMcc

New Video of a thrift shop kit... $49

https://youtu.be/zHojloxZejU

1/3 of retail for Kickstarter supporters.

Let's make this happen!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5291249/magnatrack-the-first-dual-sided-drum-trigger?ref=nav_search

edtc

hi Joe

it looks like your somehow related to magnatracks makers ...

could you maybe talk to them to ask for some samples for Digitaldrummer .

An independant test is more important for our community than an add claiming for the next revolution in the art of triggering...

And if the product is so ok , they shouldnt have problems to send some for tests ...;)

have a nice day

Travis182

Why don't you just ask JoeMcc  ;) Me thinks he may be involved somehow, just maybe....

edtc

Quote from: Travis182 on June 29, 2015, 01:48:38 PM
Why don't you just ask JoeMcc  ;) Me thinks he may be involved somehow, just maybe....

... done ...:)

JoeMcc

I'm just a friend of the person trying to get funding for production.  I will have to ask if he plans to send some to digital drummer for review.  I just love supporting new ideas and I am by no means being compensated.  I have made a financial pledge myself on kickstarter in hopes that he reaches his goal.

Did you like the video?  That was my main point.  I can delete all the claims if you think it's more appropriate.

Joe

JoeMcc

Just a person that likes seeing new ideas develop.  If it were any of you, I would do the same.  If I'm lucky, I might get my name listed somewhere as an original supporter.

Iv'e been playing edrums since 2004, owned a TD-10 kit, TD-20 DIY Maple kit, 2 Yamaha Extreme IIs kits, a Yamaha 900, and now a 2box (which by far is my favorite).  One of the biggest reasons for supporting this campaign is my frustration of the 2box module double triggering issue with free floating heads with edge mounted triggers.  I also don't want a center mounted piezo for many reasons.

Joe

digitalDrummer

Thanks for the mentions, guys. Clearly, an independent review would have helped the Kickstarter campaign. I understand an inventor's reluctance to send out a product before launch - but we have done this several times before, sometimes with the need to sign a non-disclosure agreement, other times based on mutual respect and standing in the market.
As it stands, with just over two weeks to go, I doubt digitalDrummer will get a sample in time - nor has there been any suggestion that this is even under consideration.
I hope this is indeed a triggering revolution (remember, we have already had one recently in the form of the inHead and onHead) and wish Magnatrack every success.