News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

smartrigger hi hats

Started by *sami*, January 15, 2010, 03:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*sami*

Hello,
is the smartrigger 12" Dual Zone Hi Hats compatible with the 2 box ?

roel

Quote from: *sami* on January 15, 2010, 03:28:11 PM
Hello,
is the smartrigger 12" Dual Zone Hi Hats compatible with the 2 box ?

yes I wan't to know that too, does anybody know it if these dual zone hihats from smartrigger are compatible with the 2box module?

ddrum4se

I have a set of the 13" single zone Smartrigger Hi Hats on order, with a Pintech RHC100 controller switch, which I am hoping to check out with my ddrum4se. I will report back how it all goes.

ddrum4se

All works perfectly - I needed a Y Cable, and two Pintech boxes (one which goes on the hi hat stand and measures with a cable the movement of the footboard) the other seems to act a signal split/junction box, and there you go.

A very nice feel and look (and of course sound).

I was using the ddrum4se module by the way.

roel

Quote from: ddrum4se on January 13, 2011, 08:23:08 PM
All works perfectly - I needed a Y Cable, and two Pintech boxes (one which goes on the hi hat stand and measures with a cable the movement of the footboard) the other seems to act a signal split/junction box, and there you go.

A very nice feel and look (and of course sound).

I was using the ddrum4se module by the way.

does those smartrigger also work with the 2box module?

ddrum4se

ddrum4se

ddrum4se

Another discovery - I can use a pair of Roland VH12 Hi Hat with the ddrum4se also using the Y Cable, but now you dont need the RHC controller box, just the Pintech split/junction box - actually works really well indeed.

rcprod

I use to own the smartriger hi-hats, ride, and 2 crashes. The plastic underneath seperated from all of these cymbals. They were the biggist dissapointment I have experienced with regards to e-drumming. Maybe that problem has been fixed recently. Hope so anyway.

ddrum4se

Yes I have read loads of comments about them coming un-glued. So far they are fine - but it is early days. I gather though these are the ones now shipped with the Pearl kit and alesis kits??

rcprod

Same company as far as I know.