News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

I wish a Kit-Changer like the DDrum RC-1 or the Ddrum- Performer

Started by sezaybaba, March 06, 2019, 10:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sezaybaba

I wish a Kit-Changer like the DDrum RC-1 or the Ddrum- Performer to switch faster in the kits when I play live

paulf707

There is a new function in the latest OS that allows program change from a pad
CFUNC
N Kit Selects the following KIT (NEXT KIT).
P Kit Selects the preceding KIT (PREVIOUS KIT).

edtc

hi ,

it s also possible to use an old Roland OCTAPAD ... i have it in version 1 , the one from 1983  :rock:, it is capable to send MIDI "program change" instead of regular midi notes ... this way you can switch between 8 kits on the fly ... I assume later models also can do this ...

But be carefull , switchin kits on the Drumit 5 is not instantaneous ... it takes a little time , much less than half a second , depending of the Dsounds size maybe ... that can cause the first kick stroke to be silent .

I dont know it this was improved on the D3 or D5mk2 .

sezaybaba

Thank's for the Tipps. Personally, I still have a DDrum3 module and the Rc1 controller and this age old device reacts very fast, even if the samples are not necessarily the best.
Do I need both Midi inputs for this? The In output is already occupied with me and I do not want to sacrifice one or two pads for something like that ...

edtc

Quote from: sezaybaba on March 10, 2019, 03:57:37 PM

Do I need both Midi inputs for this? The In output is already occupied with me and I do not want to sacrifice one or two pads for something like that ...

of course you need to plug the midi out of the Octapad to the input of the module ... but you can daisy chain devices with midi ...

sezaybaba

Quote from: paulf707 on March 11, 2019, 12:16:03 PM
This is another option if you don't mind using your feet?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323728638885

Look here,

These devices are much easier to use than with the foot but thanks anyway.
I have both devices