News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cymbal Sounds

Started by tassuperkart, May 08, 2015, 02:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tassuperkart

I have a strange issue. I have built about 45 different drumkits for my 80's retro show.
I have 2 dual zone cymbals plugged into Tom 4 with a "Y" lead and different crash cymbal sounds assigned. The channel is configured as an 8" pad as there are no cymbal options in the tom channels to select.

All good. DKit manager show there is 2 zones  available like so ++.
+- results in a crash and -+ a bell.

Strangely, i have to set all of Tom 4 cymbal zone setting in reverse.... When i use the preview function, I hear the bell sound but when i play in the module the crash is there????? setting Dkit manager to -+ gets a crash in the module so... yer Ok.

Anyway, it crashes nicely despite the reversed setting but hey!
Now even more mysteriously, I get into the same zone setting as Dkit manager but directly in the2box module and there are 3 +++ available. Bit strange but anyway I set --+ , save it and all is well! Nice loud crash.

So I get used to previewing a bell sound in DKit manager!!!

However, next time I fire the module up, and ONLY on a couple of kits, the bell sound returns despite the setting in the module still being set at --+.
So I click thru to the same setting again (--+) and the crash sound returns and plays perfectly, until next I restart the module and the bell returns again??

Got me a bit mystified this one and is annoying as I have to access the zone setting in the module quickly between songs to reset...

Any ideas?
E

fulrmr

Did you use the save function each time after setting the pad to what you desire?

Lustar

I'll improve the preview in the next version of DKit Manager so that it supports when zones are not always in the same order between different .dsnd files.

edit May 09, 2015, 01:42:15:
The latest version of DKit Manager is updated with improved preview of the Sound settings (+++) for cymbals and hats: download

edit2
Dkit Manager was updated again to better match how the cymbal sounds are played.

tassuperkart

Furlmr
Yes, I reckon I must have just about worn my SAVE buttons out!! Im pretty anal with that as I have "lost" quite a few kits inadvertanly by forgetting to save them......

The mysterious thing for me is that this bell/crash issue only happens on a couple of kits using the same cymbal types!!

Lustar
Ill double check what i have done there. I cant remember exactly what i have set in there apart from making sure they were all using the same settings/pad types blah!
Drums are still packed away from yesterdays gig!!!!!!

Cheers men
E