News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Routing Problems

Started by jefferydrummer, April 17, 2015, 02:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefferydrummer

This is specifically aimed at all the routing/mix genius's out there. I am planning to use my kit live but have a few issues.
I want to send the best possible sound source I can to FOH whilst doing this I also want to receive(via the Line-in) a monitor feed from the desk.
Is this possible and if so how? I have been trying various ways but can't work it out/find it difficult to operate the brain and the mixer at the same time.

Thanks
Jet

Jman

Starting on page 64 to page 72 of the latest 2Box manual 1.2X there are some examples and explanations of how the module routing works. If you haven't looked that over and tried some of the examples I would definitely recommend it. There are many different options. There are several examples there and I would suggest testing out a couple .... that gets you more familiar with how the various mixes and sub mixes work. But hopefully a couple of the drummers that are routing "live" will chime in with their own tips. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

ashFromCov

Hi, been using the 2box jobeky live for a while... Sometimes use a setup you are describing...

I route drum sound to outputs 1 to 6. Kick 1 ,snare 2, toms 3 and 4 ,overheads and hats to 5 and 6(stereo). These then go out via 6 d.i's to front of house.

I then have a stereo(2aux sends) back from front of house as returns into the line input of the 2box, this is just routed to 7+8 (headphones) only, only thing is it means your front of house guy has to send your drum sounds back to you along with what ever else you want in your ear phones....

Hope this helps?

Ash.

teletom007

hy ash,

These then go out via 6 d.i's to front of house.

I think you do not need a DI's because the outputs are symmetrically

edtc

Quote from: teletom007 on April 21, 2015, 02:19:56 PM
hy ash,

I think you do not need a DI's because the outputs are symmetrically

It s not true ... all outputs are unbalanced  ... and even if they were , it s dangerous to plug a drum module directly to a mixer préamp . You can accidentally have fantom power feeding the outputs , and some gear dont like that so much ....

There are some cheap multi DI racks , around 200 â,¬ ...like the SMPRO DI8E witch combines 8 di and a line mixer ... great solution as you can have 8 discrete outs + your own monitor mix on a separate stereo out ....

tassuperkart

That assumes that phantom power has been enabled for that input tho yer?
Otherwise, its just into a LINE input which is no problem. Im not aware of phantom power applied to any line inputs.

My mixer has balanced line inputs in parallel with the MIC preamps and we just feed the unbalanced 2Box output straight into those.
Works like a charm.

E