News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Mega Hi Hat issue

Started by rpb1966, April 11, 2015, 10:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpb1966

My hi hat has been acting all odd and then it stopped working completely, I have had a look by taking the rubber off the hat, looked underneath and dismantled the unit and 2 wires have come away, now its not under warranty, is there anywhere in the UK that does 2 Box repairs before I have to end up buying a new one?.

Regards

Russ

edtc

If it s just 2 wires like you say , anyone able to solder can fix it for you ..

rpb1966

Without a hi-hat wiring diagram I would not have a clue.

fulrmr

There should be some pics of the HH board floating around here somewhere. I'll look to see if I can find the ones I took when doing my control box mod from the stock board.

rpb1966

Ill have to get myself a soldering iron, but it would be great if anyone can point me in the direction of an image of the hi-hat mount wiring and the actual hi-hat metal disk with teeth so I can re-solder it back together.

Regards

fulrmr

Can you post a few shots of your disassembled parts?

rpb1966

I'll post some pics up in a while, I have searched the net for a pic showing the hi-hat wiring, I could not find anything, loads of Roland, Yamaha and Alesis hats, but no 2 box!!!.

Regards

rpb1966

Jman

Quote from: rpb1966 on April 14, 2015, 08:10:45 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1oiu0squtw1sfb0/AADbKViXJ73RWSDvS2fsiNq6a

I hope its not the case of needing a new hi-hat?.

Russ
Yeah, it's pretty messed up. The red wire you can see that is coming from the PCB has some of the piezo ceramic still attached. That corresponds to the place you can see on the piezo broken ceramic at the solder point. It looks like the red wire coming from the cymbal has broken off the PCB. That goes where you see solder the last spot that is left of the other red wire in your pic. The black/blue ? wire from the cymbal has broken off the PCB and goes next to the other same colored wire on the PCB. You cannot see where the last Black/Blue? wire goes that is still attached to the PCB, but it goes inside that square hole to the cymbal I believe, but you would have to find where it broke off from.

Honestly though, not sure how long you have owned the HH, but I would contact the distributor as this does not look like something that should occur from normal wear/tear, even if the cymbal is past the warranty period. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

rpb1966

Had an email from Bengt giving me the wiring diagram, its not as bad as it looks actually quite straight forward.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vngsjkvzl5w1tw0/russel.jpg?dl=0

fulrmr

I agree with Jman though...this should be replaced. Frankly I would just buy a control box from Jman and be done with it. It performs so much better than the stock hat...or at the very least I would build my own control box from the board since everything is already apart.

rockthenite

My high hat is acting as though it is open all of the time and will not calibrate.  I'm in Canada and it takes 6-8 weeks to get a new control board for my high hat.  Is there anyone that could ship sooner or help me fix the problem before summer is half over?

Drum2

Did you exclude all other possibilities than the control board?

Coda

Hey Russ, did you fix the HH already?