News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

compter conecton

Started by mattchuk, March 29, 2015, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattchuk

just brought a 2nd hand 2box.great sounds and feel,however having probs connecting to  windows 7 laptop,have down loaded edit from 2box pluged usb cable n turned on module wile holding down button to get into usb mode, press 2box icon screen comes up with just one drum instead of hole kit as i saw on youtube??? and does nothing ,please help

Jman

Quote from: mattchuk on March 29, 2015, 08:24:44 PM
just brought a 2nd hand 2box.great sounds and feel,however having probs connecting to  windows 7 laptop,have down loaded edit from 2box pluged usb cable n turned on module wile holding down button to get into usb mode, press 2box icon screen comes up with just one drum instead of hole kit as i saw on youtube??? and does nothing ,please help
First, welcome to the forum. Assuming the module is not modified with the external card slot:
When you get the single drum in the 2Box Editor you need to set the path to the Drumit.dkit file in the module. Click the Kit button, then from the pop up window you need to find the 2Box module, and then find the Drumit.dkit file, double click on that and it should open up to the first kit in the module.

Just as a side note, for modules that have been modified with the external card slot you never want to try and access the module via USB cable. In that case you will simply use a card reader on the computer to read from the SDHC card.

Hope it helps, Jerry
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

mattchuk

very peed off with my 2 box,and lack of tech support ,can not get sounds that i have down loaded from 2box to work with editor from 2box,on windows 10, please help

welshsteve

Could you describe what you have done so far, as much information as you can. There's a lot of really passionate users here, we'll figure it out for you don't worry!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Coda

Yep theres definitely something you're doing wrong, as you have had problems with both W7 and W10, and a lot of us here use both without issues.

I notice also that you didn't come back to us to say whether you solved your original issue from 2015. Maybe you should start there? Tell us how that got solved. It might give us a clue as to what's going on so we can help you.

AndyMo

Yes, give us more info and we should be able to help.

I have an unmodified 2Box module, use Windows 10 (and previously Windows 7), have downloaded samples from the 2box site (and others) and use them without any issues.

Cheers,
Andy

mattchuk

wow! thanks for replies, i must 1st say that i am a massive  2box fan .i never play my acoustic drums...bad drummer..im not the most computer savvy.i down loaded the editor which works fine with the module.but when i down load sounds form 2box site then go to my editor i come to a halt as editor wont let me get them from my files..

welshsteve

Ah, then that's you're problem. The downloadable files aren't editable in the Drumit app. That app is for kit management and for creating your own single shot and multi-sample and loops.

However, there's a 3rd party app available which can edit any Dsnds (drumit 5 formatted sounds)

If you got to this thread, you'll find any info about it there. You might have to scroll though as it's a BIG thread.

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1544.0.html
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!