News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland fd-6 & surge hi hat on 2box

Started by rossthecrow, March 05, 2015, 08:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossthecrow

Just a few ideas!im using the roland fd-6 & the surge hi hat combo-now,it works for me,im using a roland Tmc-6 by midi,it should work with any module,maybe a td-3,a cheap module,in the 2box manual on page 51,i set it to pedal control-cc4,then to tweak hi hat on 2box,differnt zones +++,tweak em,like decay on the foot zone,anyway,hope this helps.it works for me,ive tested this & works,so,its anutha option,dont forget midi is midi,it can trigger sd-2 sending midi notes,i had this idea 2 yrs agao but couldnt put it into practice till i got a 2box,anyway,check it out & have a go,check some of the vids out in my music,love this 2box,its fantastic,think Jman said INSPIRED!,never a truer word spoken :patbat2box:

fulrmr

Cool! That's exactly what I wanted to know. ;) Thanks. :)

rossthecrow

makoki

Just it if helps. I've sutil got my old TD12 and VH11. i have connected all my stuff to TD12, then midi to 2box module standalone. Fantastic triggering and fantastic sounds, also extremely simple backup in case 2box fails.....!!!! Just a bit of tweaking on Midi configuration to match notes..Best of both worlds!,

digitalDrummer

Makoki, would you like to elaborate on how you tweaked the MIDI. Was that on the TD-12 or the 2Box - or both? I'm sure people will find that useful.

rossthecrow

ive got 12 kits on the tmc-6 linked to 12 kits on the 2box,make sure its on correct pad settings on the module or interface used for midi,then tweak in 2box,ya can aso tweak in the module or interface,then tweak in 2box,ie,+++,zones,like decay,stuff like that,on each zone+++,till ya get it how you like,hope this helps,it was a cost thing for me,only having money for the module & already owning a tmc-6,sit a mess with it,hope it helps peeps,i really do,its helped me so much,cost & stuff-not saying this way is the way,but its an option! :rock: