News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box routing, where and how do I connect my stuff?

Started by edcito, March 03, 2015, 04:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

question for the routing experts, I want to do the following:

Connect a pearl throne thumper to my 2box
Connect a roland PM-03 monitor using both outputs R+L, not only mono. how and where?

which output should I use from the module, and how do I set up the routing so that the throne thumper responds to low frequencies from all the drums but not from the line-in input?

Jman

Quote from: edcito on March 03, 2015, 04:35:41 PM
question for the routing experts, I want to do the following:

Connect a pearl throne thumper to my 2box
Connect a roland PM-03 monitor using both outputs R+L, not only mono. how and where?

which output should I use from the module, and how do I set up the routing so that the throne thumper responds to low frequencies from all the drums but not from the line-in input?
Well, you really need to go through the Manual 1.2X starting on page 55 because there are a huge amount of routing options. And I mean huge. Page 64 on gives many different examples.

Just for one example:
If you plan on everything going through the PM-3 including the Mix In you could send a stereo mix out from outputs 1 and 2 with everything with mixing control still available on the module (that is how outputs 1 and 2 and headphones are normally setup from factory). You could use the Headphone out with a splitter, turn off everything you don't want going to the Pearl Throne Thumper in the headphone submix, and use that headphone mix for the Pearl Throne thumper. The Throne Thumper has gain and EQ knobs that you can adjust to fine tune how much thump you get from the mix by Gain, EQ range/high pass cut off.
The PM-3 has a headphone out jack as well as another set of outs, so you could use the headphone out of the PM-3 for headphones if you want.

That is one example, but you potentially have 8 individual outputs including the headphones out on the 2Box module that you can setup with different routing ...... plus you can setup outputs to put out line level sounds not controlled by the module volume knob, etc .... so the choices are numerous.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edcito

thanks Jman, first of all I will use mainly my headphones, the PM-3 is only used when my wife wants me to play her more than a feeling or something... So, I will have to explore the manual's mixer section and try it...
I split the headphone out and plugged the throne thumper and headphones into it, but of course my headphones were only in mono...
What is clear to me is that I can plug the pm-3 into the 1-2 outputs, the line in on the line in, and what I have to experiment is with the throne thumper, since I would like to use it with the whole kit and not only with the kick and as I mentioned, exclude the line in so the songs I'm playing won't affect the thumper, which is rather annoying...
Maybe I can route the kick and toms to, say, output 3 and plug the thumper there?

Jman

Quote from: edcito on March 04, 2015, 09:20:48 AM
thanks Jman, first of all I will use mainly my headphones, the PM-3 is only used when my wife wants me to play her more than a feeling or something... So, I will have to explore the manual's mixer section and try it...
I split the headphone out and plugged the throne thumper and headphones into it, but of course my headphones were only in mono...
What is clear to me is that I can plug the pm-3 into the 1-2 outputs, the line in on the line in, and what I have to experiment is with the throne thumper, since I would like to use it with the whole kit and not only with the kick and as I mentioned, exclude the line in so the songs I'm playing won't affect the thumper, which is rather annoying...
Maybe I can route the kick and toms to, say, output 3 and plug the thumper there?
If you use your headphones a lot then continue using the headphone output for your headphones. You have plenty of outputs so yes you can route just the drums you want to the Throne Thumper on another output or set of outputs. Check out that mixer section. It is just a matter of setting up which drums you route where.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Murgen

I hooked my Throne Thumper to output 3. Works well.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012