News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DDrum 4 se HHat sample's ????

Started by Soundmanneal, February 23, 2015, 01:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soundmanneal

Has Any1out there sampled the HiHat sound's out of the old DDrum 4se module and converted them into a playable 2box file????

I have the ddrum 4se module here and Im thinking of making a 2box version,
I have never tried to build a hihat dsnd file before.

I really hate how the hi-hat function's in the 2 box module,
I am now using Jmans hihat convertion kit, with a roland cy5 pad , but that also sucks.
its an improvement over the 2box pad which i was lucky enough to sell off.

For some reason , I cant get the feel or combi of sound to work out for me.
So I am stuck having to use my old DDrum module and Hhat pad only for a decent working Hihat combi.
I find it ridiculous That this 2box module ,which I am extremly happy with cant generate a usuable Hihat. 

If any 1 has a ddrum 4 hihat Dsnd, can I please try it. PM me please.

thanks
Soundmanneal.

fulrmr

I have no idea what you may be doing wrong but it's been my experience that the 2Box "generates" a perfectly great "useable" HH.  Could very well be your stand or how you have the magnet oriented in conjunction with the "box". Maybe you should try some other samples say from the Gen16 Digital Vault offerings?

Soundmanneal

OK , I have now hooked up my old ddrum 4 hhat pad to Jmans hihat controller and spit the pads output to run into the 2 box module aswell as into the DDrum module ,
Now Its getting usefull,
The old DDrum pad triggers the module much better than the original pad.
I'm layering the sound from both modules and getting great results.

I think the problem was the hihat pads ,
I've tryed several , The roland CY5, Alesis 12" surge, 2box, none of them seemed to respond to my playing style, except the old ddrum hihat pad.
I still need to sample that ddrum4 se HiHat sound and stick it in the 2box module
If that works then I'll be happy.
In the mean time, Im looking for a second DDrum hihat pad for my new converted Sonor F3000 scandinavian birch set,
Its looks en plays amazing.

grz 

Jman

Quote from: Soundmanneal on March 02, 2015, 02:45:03 PM

I've tryed several , The roland CY5, Alesis 12" surge, 2box, none of them seemed to respond to my playing style,
grz

Just wondering if you did any adjusting of the threshold and gain settings in the module for the different Hi Hat cymbals you tried?
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

roel

The Ddrum 4SE hihat is still the best electronic hihat ever build.

Krillo

The dd4 hihat sounds are just one layer, so I think it would be silly to do a DSND...

Soundmanneal

Hi Krillo
It must have at least 5 layers .
tight closed, edge closed, 1/2 open and fully open, plus the foot closed. all at different velocities could take a lot of wav's to recreate it,.

The dd4 se still sounds and plays great, I wish my 2 box could do it , then I wouldn't have to use 2 modules , but it doesn't.
I hope this new 2 box firmware update that's coming has some hi-hat triggering improvements.
Its the weakest link on the whole system.

edtc

Quote from: Soundmanneal on March 19, 2015, 04:02:58 PM

It must have at least 5 layers .
tight closed, edge closed, 1/2 open and fully open, plus the foot closed. all at different velocities could take a lot of wav's to recreate it,.

Just for you to know , you are speaking about 5 ZONES ... Layers are sounds from the same zone , but recorded  at different velocities ...   so a quiet sound is not only quieter , it s another  sound , like when you play soft it s not the same texture than if you smash the drum ...