News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi hat cant calibrate whats the problem?

Started by ficamali, February 12, 2015, 01:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ficamali

Hey guys im new here, i recently bought used 2box...have that shaky ramp but sounds great...however i cannot calibrate my hi hat..
im sure my pad is working cause i can set sound on it, and it plays, but always open hi hat..
So Im wondering, is there any chance that magnet thing is broken tho it is in one peace and looks good..
Or is there a chance that sensors on hh pad are broken..? Can i send it to some one to fix it, or to send it to 2box my one so they can send me new one but for lower price...
Its pretty much for me to give 200e for new hi hat pad, and I still dont know if problem is pad..xD

I watched tutorials on how to calibrate but it just wont work...
Please help.. :'(

nocturnodrummer

Please check my topic on this subject. Search for "hall sensor".

ficamali

Thank you very much...it seems like thats it...can u recommand me how/where to get it fixed..?

InTheBox

Jman

This is just for more info on this topic. One other thing that can cause this problem is a faulty TRS cable. The 2Box Hi Hat requires a TRS cable. One example of this exact same problem would be if you were to use a mono TS cable to the Hi Hat. You will get sound on the cymbal but won't be able to calibrate the Hi Hat. So if a TRS cable is faulty, IE the tip is working but not the ring, this would be the symptoms.  J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/