News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

tablet or laptop for 2 box a to e

Started by hemiboy, December 18, 2014, 11:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiboy

Guys what would be a good tablet, 10 inches, at least, to use with you tube, and drumchannel for watching drum lessons, videos, etc in the 400 to 500 range
I looked at an asus transformer notebook/ tablet 64 gig that looked good for 329, anybody familiar? Any other suggestions?

Murgen

Hard to say, I used an iPad for a long time, even recorded bits and pieces with it, for some time an old PC and now a Mac Mini. Backdrop is that Lustars convertor does not run on OSX but the mini is nice and small and does not want to run updates every time I just want to play drums (like Windows PC's do).
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fulrmr

If all you want to do is surf the net and watch YouTube vids then any cheap tablet will do. Even an Android. No need to spend that kind of cash. However if you want to load your software and do your sample conversions and  have "laptop/pc" power and versatility also...then make sure you get something in the Windows 7/8 realm(NOT Win RT). Surface series Pro/2/3..etc/ASUS...etc with at least 2g of RAM (4 is better) and a dual to quad core processor and a USB port. You will have to get an external disk drive to load software with but they are cheap. The "RT" OS is app based and you must buy "special version" apps from Microsoft to use. Even long time staples like Office. I have an iPad Air and will be getting a Surface Pro eventually to replace my dated laptop.

hemiboy

Thanks  Dan. I will probsnly ho eith the asus ta 100 notebook/ tablet windows  64 gig