Free 'world's deepest sampled drum kit' (1.9GB) - Can this be 2box-ified??

Started by peanutismint, November 27, 2014, 10:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutismint

Check this out:

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2014/11/27/deepest-sampled-drum-kit/

QuoteSM MegaReaper Drumkit is an impressive free multi-sampled acoustic drum kit sound library, featuring up to 127 velocity layers and 4 round robin layers per articulation! The kit is completely free to download and use.

The drum kit was sampled by Scott Mclean, aka SMM, the same kind and generous REAPER user who brought us the brilliant Free 1960s Ludwig Oyster Blue Pearl Drum Kit not that long ago. Once again, the mappings were created by Suleiman, aka Burzukh, who did an outstanding job at turning this enormous drum sample library into a playable REAPER instrument.

Anybody know if this can be converted into a 2Box kit? Possibly with SDSE??

rush1234

i tryed to download it ,, but no way server is overloaded.. and no it wil not work with SDSE
Lustar has to update the software for it ,
i dont knowe what kind of samples the are , if the have the wave format maybe load it direct in the Dsound tool or in the 2box editor sofware  so the editor render it in to the dsnd format ,, but i am not sure

peanutismint

Cool. I've been in touch with lustar; says he's already downloaded it :-) And is hoping it can work with his other Drumit Manager software with a bit of tweaking....

Lustar

It's nice that there is an alternative to DrumMicA as a free VST/Kontakt kit (with enough samples). I will look at adding support for the Kontakt version. For unsupported VSTs and Kontakt libraries it's always possible to export using SDSE as long as the mapping matches the Superior Drummer 2 mapping. If there is no Superior Drummer mapping setting it will work for the kick, snare and some toms most of the time.

fcvapor05

I spent some time on this, and created .dsnd's for each drum.  The crash and ride cymbals sound pretty good.  For the hihat, I have the 2box on my desk, not hooked up, so I can only hear the open sound, and it sounds good too.

For the other drums, however, there's a problem I don't know how to fix.  All of the tom, snare, and kick samples have extremely low levels- when the 2box editor processes them and I click a layer to hear it in the software, no sound is played, and the level shown for each layer ranges from -99 dB to -93 dB.

Seems like the samples aren't dumping into the editor correctly... anyone know a fix for this?

peanutismint

I don't, but hopefully others might....??

Kudos for getting stuck in and making some sample files!

fcvapor05

I can try and share the ones I've made if anyone wants to try and use them.  I don't know how to host files but I can email them to someone who does.

This was my first attempt at making .dsnds so I can't guarantee perfection.  But when I push the button they make cymbal sounds.  So.

peanutismint

Thanks man; if you can get the files to me I can probably host them, or try a megaupload or zippyshare or something...?

Beethoven

Hi here is the answer:
QuoteThe kicks , toms and snares are multi-channel WAV files and Reaper has one of the few samplers that can handle it. The hats and all cymbals are normal stereo files, so any sampler can handle them.

fcvapor05

Beethoven

Beethoven

You can open those files with Audacity (Freeware) and you will see 4 wave files .
Right, left and two mono files which are top and bottom.

Now what to do with those files ?

There is a function in Audacity to combine those files an make one stereo wave file
( Mix and Render in the Tracks menu )

It's easy in Audacity to set up a batch files and it will do all files at once.

Not sure how to handle RR01 and RR02. I'm german and the term "round robin"
doesn't make sense to me. Can somebody explain what the difference is ?

I'm also not sure if combining all 4 files makes sense or just take the left and right
file. I think we have to give it a try and listen to the result.

I'll post the batch macro for Audacity later if needed.

Beethoven

Unfortunately the mix and resample command is not available
for batch files so it has to be done manually.

Open RRxx files
Mix and resample
Save the new wave file

peanutismint

I know in Audacity you can create your own 'chains' as they call batch processes.... I'm assuming you've Tried using those commands in a custom chain?

Beethoven

Yes like i said the mix and resample command is not
available for chains.

Maybe use an external macro recorder ?