News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Kick pad standalone mod idea.

Started by InTheBox, November 23, 2014, 06:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InTheBox

I have an idea for a kick pad standalone mod that I would like some feedback on.

I really don't like the pad being fixed to the rack. It makes tilting and positioning the pad rather a pain. The pad also flops somewhat when played because it's only supported at the bottom through the clamps.

I'm thinking about getting some L brackets (the heavy duty ones you would use for joining wooden beams). Drill two holes on each side in the black "underside" ring of the pad and then thread the holes.

The L brackets would have holes drilled in them (some have a lot of pre-drilled holes) that corresponds with the holes in the pad. When mounted you will have a vertical surface about 3" wide on which bass drum legs can be mounted.

The L brackets can always be dressed up a bit by tapering the corners on a sander and spray painting them black (or orange).

I hope this made any sense..  ;D

Please don't laugh at my poor "photoshopping" skills

BertS

Hi,
I made already my DIY bd stands. I posted earlier in showcase your kit.
They are very good and stable. Hope you can make something like mine. Here you find the images.
Greets BertS

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/bship1/media/pic_1_zps5d3b575f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0