News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ROLAND vs. 2BOX with Superior Drummer

Started by mrallgood101, October 26, 2014, 07:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalDrummer

We don't have latency stats on the various modules. That information is not available. What we do note in our reviews is playability, which is a combination of trigger response and latency.

fulrmr

Quote from: digitalDrummer on November 25, 2014, 11:02:37 PM
We don't have latency stats on the various modules. That information is not available. What we do note in our reviews is playability, which is a combination of trigger response and latency.

Oh, OK. Thanks. I've seen posts in the past of latency in ms of various systems tested by individuals and know the extremes that yo go to in your testing so I figured that you might have gathered some hard stats on this. "Playability" is also a subjective factor of  the individual and playing style.  Measured numbers like your decibel tests would be much more conclusive. 

Nico

Quote from: fulrmr on November 26, 2014, 08:06:25 PM
Oh, OK. Thanks. I've seen posts in the past of latency in ms of various systems tested by individuals and know the extremes that yo go to in your testing so I figured that you might have gathered some hard stats on this. "Playability" is also a subjective factor of  the individual and playing style.  Measured numbers like your decibel tests would be much more conclusive.

These guys did latency tests on 2box, Roland, Pearl and Yamaha:
http://www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/e-drum-vergleichstest-die-oberklasse.html

It will be hard to beat the latency from 2box running internal samples.
Even with a faster module like the TD30, you need to add midi and audio interface delay when triggering VSTi.

Dänoh

Honestly, while this is a good find, the reviews from Bonedo are always a bit of a 'grab bag' (as seen here - really a prime example): They talk about latency and test it, but fail to give measurements of any kind (...preferably in ms) !

::) ...that's a bit of a D'OH!

HTH

HasseFX

Quote from: Dänoh on November 27, 2014, 01:22:36 PM
Honestly, while this is a good find, the reviews from Bonedo are always a bit of a 'grab bag' (as seen here - really a prime example): They talk about latency and test it, but fail to give measurements of any kind (...preferably in ms) !

::) ...that's a bit of a D'OH!

HTH

But they have - Roland TD-30  3ms, Roland TD15 4ms, 2box Drumit Five 5ms, with screenshots and all!

Dänoh