News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Problems with the kick drum with MIDI

Started by Jovialus, November 01, 2014, 03:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jovialus

Hello guys,

I have this problem when I'm playing The Beatles: Rock Band and Rock Band 3 when I'm playing drums.

I've set up everything with the official RB3 MIDI Pro-Adapter.

Every part works fine but sometimes when I hit the kick drum it has this problem that it registers multiple times in stead of the one time I hit it. I've tried a lot of different settings, like setting the curve ranging from Neg2 to Max2, changing threshhold, etc. But nothing seems to work...

Could someone help me out here?

Thanks in advance,

Jelmer

Drum2

In the unit settings is the option or kick 1 or kick 2. Kick 2 is less sensitive for multiple triggers.

An other option is to let a pillow lean against the backside of the kick mesh.

Jovialus

Quote from: Drum2 on November 01, 2014, 04:03:29 PM
In the unit settings is the option or kick 1 or kick 2. Kick 2 is less sensitive for multiple triggers.

An other option is to let a pillow lean against the backside of the kick mesh.

Okay, Ive changed some settings every now and again so I do not know if I already tried that out but I will give it a go.

I was wondering how I could let a pillow lean against the backside, because my kickdrum has a closed backside... So I don't understand what you mean exactly?

Drum2

So you have the MKI kick. The MKII kick has an open backside.
The MKI has an opening at the cover, perhaps you can stick some dampening material like plastic foam between the cover and the mesh. The purpose is to dampen the vibration of the mesh.

Succes!

geo