News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Is a '2-zone' hihat a mandatory requirement?

Started by peanutismint, October 22, 2014, 04:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutismint

I've bought a 2Box module and hoping to use it (with a convertor box thing if I can get my hands on one) with my Hart Dynamics ECymbal II hihat, however it says it has 'dual-trigger' design, but I don't think that means 2-zones, i.e. a piezo trigger in the top and an 'edge' switch....

Does anybody have any knowledge on this? Would I be better off buying a true '2-zone' hihat? Can anyone suggest any that feel like real hihats? Or alternatively would I be better off just giving up and buying a 2Box hat??

fulrmr

The edge switch is usually the 2nd zone and the choke.

Jman

When you get your 2Box module plug the Hart HH cymbal into one of the 3 cymbal inputs. If it is a working Piezo/Switch cymbal it will trigger the bow zone 4 and the edge zone 8 when set to CyEdg type trigger in the 2Box module.
Also, you mentioned you had the TD-8. If the Hart HH cymbal is Piezo/Switch it would work as dual zone in the TD-8 as well.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

peanutismint

Good tips man; I tried the Hart in the 2box but it does seem to be only 1-zone so I've ordered a 2Box hi hat. I've just about got my other cymbals (2 x CY12 r/c & 1 x CY6) working correctly. I think I set the CY-12s as CyCup for the ride and CyEdge for the crash, but I've heard the 2box cymbals also work in a slightly different way so it's still not going to sound perfect...?