News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2 box with Pintech

Started by hemiboy, October 20, 2014, 12:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiboy

Anybody using Pintech Phoenix and or Pintech concert cast pads with 2 box? Curious how they trigger!

fulrmr

According to Lorrie at Pintech they trigger superbly....I got my first module from her. ;)

hemiboy

Dan, I have spoken to Ryan Guard at Pintech Usa, but not Lorrie.Do they work together? If I ever converted my Ludwigs back to acoustics, I would pair up Pintechs and 2 box , especially if 2 box comes out with another module. What a kit that  would be , maybe even with Gen 16's buffed bronzes triggered! Sound good boys?

fulrmr

I'm not sure exactly what Lorrie's position there is but I'm pretty sure she has been there quite a while. The only Pintech gear I have ever play was some very old Concertcast pads triggering an ancient Yamaha rack mount module(wasn't fond of the module at all). Very sturdy...but bouncy. I'm sure they are probly better now.....but I'll stick to building my own. ;)

hemiboy

Yeah if somebody here is the least bit tech savvy, that is the way to go. Next best , which was my choice, was to send it over to J man and let him do it , lol!

adamatpintechworld

Hi Hemiboy,

Our Phoenix and ConcertCast definitely work very well with the 2Box module. Let me know if you've got any other questions or if you'd like to see some of the ways we can make a custom, one of a kind Phoenix for you.

-Adam

jsnkc

How would the VisuLite hi hats work with this module...I dont see a separate input for the hh control like there is on the DM10 module. 

Coda

Responded in the other thread you started.

welshsteve

Quote from: hemiboy on October 20, 2014, 12:02:18 AM
Anybody using Pintech Phoenix and or Pintech concert cast pads with 2 box? Curious how they trigger!
The Drumit 5 has had a recent firmware update with some new trigger algorithms, I am in no doubt you'd have no issue even if the "pad" types didn't work perfectly, my guess is they'd be fine. I love Pintech stuff, absolutely BOMB proof stuff!
Vistalite hats aren't designed for it though as standard. But someone on here (can't think who) has an option for turning a normal hi hat stand into a decent (perhaps even better) working hi hat controller for the 2box module, so you could still use it where the foot plate becomes the magnet part instead of the magnet being the bottom hat on the standard 2box pad.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Bloedig

I too am looking at doing 2 Box module with Pintech heads.  I found that Pintech has this cool kit (Pintech Jaguar Electronic Acoustic Drum Kit) and would love to be able to use this combo.   Any feedback regarding this set up?

tassuperkart

Im using Pintech Concertcast toms, Phoenix snare with Visulite cymbals.
Excellent results and couldnt be happier.

E

digitalDrummer

Quote from: fulrmr on October 22, 2014, 05:36:30 AM
I'm not sure exactly what Lorrie's position there is but I'm pretty sure she has been there quite a while.
Lorrie ran pintech's day-to-day operations until the business relocated last year.

hemiboy

Glad to hear others are happy with their Pintech products. I have a Phoenix snare and a lot of cables. And all of it works great