News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

guitar center disappointment

Started by hemiboy, October 19, 2014, 11:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiboy

A year plus after getting my 2 box module thru guitar center which took 8 months ,I stopped in to kill some time and see what is going on with 2 box and GC. Much to my disappointment and surprise, they had no kits, or modules,and believe it or not, the salesperson didn't even know what 2 box is, exactly what they said when I ordered my module from them 2 years ago! Wow! Because ,I only bought a module for my a to e, I really wanted to see the 2 box pads , rack, etc .oh well!

fulrmr

I'm not a fan of GC...never have been. Most of the stores that I have been to all over the states are just glorified "Wal Mart" music store with incompetent, untrained, uniformed employees that are just there to collect a check. They sure do have them on their site.  ::)

hemiboy

They have been on their site for almost 11months, true! That is my whole  point Dan! Where is the product?  I will not buy anything from them after my 8 month  fiasco with the 2 box module , except for a pair of sticks,  just  wanted to see the kit itself and they don't even know what it is! We discussed this before at great lengths, so before I start ranting and raving, I still blame Hoshino and 2  box for not having this great product, kicked off properly over here, period. Being in sales and marketing for years, I know when the  ball is  being dropped. If  a dealer doesnt even have a kit in stock, much less one on dIsplay in a showroom, and doesnt even know that he is a 2 box dealer, there is something very wrong, sickening! That is  not  the 12  dollar per hour person trying to get started in the business world's fault, That is upper level  management at Guitar center, 2 box , anf  Hoshino not being on the same page! Anyway, I see why you build your kits! Want the job  done, do it yourself, lol
[/quote]

trickle down a little

Murgen

We do not have a GC over here, Europe. Maybe you could check who is owner of GC or partly owner/shareholder. Wanna bet Yamaha and/or Roland pop up. Or even Ddrum. Long time ago the misses and I went shopping for a new bed, turned out all shops in the mall were owned by the same holding and where just there to serve the different categories of customers.

I don't trust them, larger and franchised stores.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

hemiboy

Yeah Ihave a feeljng  that this could still have to do with Roland's presence. The. Roland and  Yamaha kits were all set up nice .

fulrmr

Quote from: hemiboy on October 21, 2014, 11:59:08 AM
Yeah Ihave a feeljng g hat this could still have to do with Roland somehow. The. Roland and  Yamaha kits were all set up nice .

Yep...and if so..it's not 2Box or Hoshino that dropped the ball at all....it's a powerplay. ;) GC is the largest retail music chain in the world (box store and online) I bet it will take some some longevity and underground popularity before 2Box has the kind of clout(read reputation and deep pockets) that Roland has gained over the years in order to gain a foothold in the featured spotlight at the retail box store level at GC. Shame really...but it's the nature of "Big Business strong arming" from many conglomerates to impose their will on retail by threats of pulling out in order to gain the upper hand. I'm not saying this is definitely the case...I'm just saying anything is possible. I'm sure though if 2Box had unlimited resources (which they do not) like most of their established competitors they would have approached things much more aggressively in the market place.  Can't really beat folks up for doing what they can with the resources they have. I'm pretty proud of 2Box for coming out of nowhere and taking the chunk of the market they have in the professional and consumer levels. Sure some this can be improved...they always can...even with the
"established brands", but time and patience and the integrity of a good product will prevail in the end. ;)

Murgen

I always prefer the little ones aiming for quality than the biggies going for quantity aka shareholder value. Just like little local restaurants instead of the fastfood chains.
--------

hemiboy

Yeah Dan, the more I think about what you added,  the more I realize that 2 box is probably lucky that Guitar center even took them on as a dealer.  I bet Roland and Yamaha were even trying to block that, much less allowing them a larger presence in their showrooms and advertisements.

Jman

I just thumbed through the latest American Musical Supply catalog that came in the mail. Edrums included: Roland, Kat, Alesis, not a single ad for 2Box. 2Box is available, but still almost invisible in the US. Such a shame. The Best Edrum module in the world currently IMO, but still mostly unknown to the mainstream.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

hemiboy

Yeah, that's all I  was saying. Not to knock  2 box for ha has, just  stating that what I  see here is an obvious uphill battle for them,  a company  with a superior  product to anything ou there today! Lik e J says, what a shame! While   at Guitar center the other day, I hopped on a td 30 and I am so glad I sold mine and went the 2 box route. Just get one in the showrooms and 2 box will prevail,  it did with all of us, why not the rest of the e drumming world ?

Murgen

It is not just the USA. I am happy to see 2Box has a place in the test area in one of our larger stores in the Netherlands (Bax Music) but on other places it is just a cheap brand, Roland and Yamaha on display and for sale. Any new cheap product from Roland gets media attention. 2Box not. What annoys me big time is how a Dutch drum forum is dealing with 2box. The owner/admin and his star moderator do everything to make 2Box look bad. Software and hardware. Even the breakout mod and Lustars software are described in a negative way as 'ripped' VST's. It annoys me because it insults us, owners and players of 2Box, it insults creators like JMan and Lustar but even more, it provides false and wrong information to drummers in my country using that forum. The bitter truth is that both admin and mod are professionaly involved in edrums and have a hidden agenda. It is unfair and mean. I can put a spotlight on a TD30 and come up with negative details. We can have endless arguments about the wobbly design of the TD3 and TD6 racks, the design of the cheaper Roland kickpads or electronic pedals. Do we? No, we enjoy ourselves with our 2Boxes. But still, if I could file a complaint against a Dutch admin and moderator deliberately providing false information I would do it today. Nuff said.
--------

hemiboy

Murgen

Quote from: hemiboy on October 23, 2014, 03:20:09 PM
Well said  Murgen

Some people over there think differently. They do not get the point, instead one of those dummies comes here to take my karma. Typical childish behaviour.  ;D ;D ;D If I would care about that. My final word on this, I need to study new songs for a new rock band, back to you, Hemiboy.
--------

hemiboy

Being as guitar center, sam ash, and other brick and mortor stores are now 2 box dealers  for almost a year,  I really don't why they  can't  display a kit in their showrooms. The only thing, I can figure, is that they can advertise on line only, but maybe Roland and yamaha put a hook in there that they can't display in their showrooms maybe?

mrallgood101

I was in Sam Ash in New York (on 34th St) yesterday.... and they have the @Box module and Kit on display. Actually, they have all of the following e-kits side by side w/ headphones... Yamaha, Roland (TD-11, 15 & 30), 2Box (Module & kit).

But don't bother ask the bias salesperson any questions.... she told me, "Hey, Roland is the best! And yes, they have the best sounding modules because they use REAL drums. of course! Who told you they don't use real sampled drum sounds?" That was my cue to smil, shake my head in disbelief and just walk away lol.

I have Roland pads and will soon buy the 2Box module and get a couple Stealth Cymbal & trigger conversions.