DrumIt Manager: kit editor, manage your .dkit and .dsnd files

Started by Lustar, October 17, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashriprock

Hello,Every Time i use this program i have to change the echo to flang on every kit . I tried changing this on your software by clicking kit .. then change echo to flang ,then save.no luck.I tried another save method by selecting all kits then change from echo to flang then save.no luck when i try it back in the module,i have to go through every kit and disable that annoying echo.I only have the drumit.Dkit file so i dont save it by mistake to another file. Should i turn the save feature off on the module.Is there a manual on how to use this product thanks

Lustar

We tested it with Dashriprock and the issue is fixed in the current version uploaded last night.

latest change:

• DKit Manager: fixed displaying echo and flange effects (display was switched but didn't affect saved files)

Lustar

New version of DrumIt Manager

• DSound Tuner: the new Max Tune can be previewed (check the box to preview the maximum tuning, uncheck to preview with the default pitch)

Lustar

This version supports the NVDA screen reader for accessibility to the blind and visually impaired.

• channel faders are linked correctly when assigning them to different groups - thanks to Ed A. for reporting this
  • Copy to Folder: option to allow duplicate dsnd among the exported kits ("Uniques" to avoid duplicates, "Everything" to export each kit independently for backup purposes) - thanks to Chris S. for the idea
  • Copy to Folder: fixed issue when copying a single kit without a title - thanks to Chris S. for reporting this
  • Unit •••: added HType (DrumIt Three)
  • Report: added zone and layer information for .dsnd flagged with "CHECK"

Accessibility improvements - thanks to Cody for all the feedback

• DKit Manager and DSound Tuner can be used with the NVDA screen reader.
  • F1 to F6 to select the main tabs (Kit •, Kit ••, Layout, Unit •, Unit ••, Unit •••)
  • F7 to select the first of the other tabs, F8 to select the last tab
  • Kit and Unit: press Page Up/Page Down to select the previous/next Pad (or group of setting for Unit •••)
  • Kit: press Enter on any setting to preview the sound, press Enter on the kit name to preview the kit.
  • Kit: Up/Down on instrument names: select previous/next dsnd
  • press Up/Down on any up-down setting to increase/decrease the value
  • the preview keys (X, C, V, S, D, F, G, E, R and T) can be used on the Layout tab
  • press Alt + one of the preview keys (X, C, V, S, D, F, G, E, R and T) to hear the second rim zone for 3 zone snare, edge for cymbals or foot splash for the HiHat

Lustar

• DSound Tuner, Match feature: fixed issue when matching velocities and volumes to a reference dsnd (some layers could be too loud) - thanks to Steven for reporting this

Lustar

• DKit Manager, Sounds: fixed finding .dsnd instruments when loading a single kit
  • DKit Manager, Sounds: fixed issues when using Search and Refresh
  • Accessibility: DKit Manager and DSound Tuner can be used with the JAWS screen reader
  • Accessibility: when using NVDA or JAWS the Sound settings for the enabled zones use numbers instead of plus and minus characters ("2" instead of "-+-")
  • keyboard shortcuts to load previous/next .dkit from the same folder. F11: Load Previous .dkit from same folder, F12: Load Next .dkit from same folder

Lustar

• DSound Tuner: the Channels option (to swap stereo channels or convert to mono) can now be used without making any other adjustments at the same time.

Lustar

• DKit Manager: added local xtalk settings for the new DrumIt OS v1.34.10. In the new OS the LXTR setting is replaced by X-Trg and X-Adj.

ANGR77

Hi Lustark (Denis!)

I just wanted to send a heads up on the DrumIt Manager and say...what a great product!!!

I did use it to produce some presets for my modules..and the DrumIt Manager saved a lot of time!

Cool that you already adopted it for the new OS!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

Lustar

A new version of DrumIt Manager is available. Thanks to Jman, tsss27 and edcito for testing and for the support.

DSound Tuner has new features and is renamed DSound Manager.

All the base features of the new DSound Manager are free:
Create: build a new .dsnd from .wav
Edit: preview and inspect zones and layers
Extract: extract a .dsnd to .wav
Match: match velocities from one .dsnd to a reference .dsnd

DSound Manager is accessible to the blind and visually impaired, like Dkit Manager and SDSE.

Create
Build a new .dsnd from big .wav files or individual .wav samples. The interface is inspired by DSoundTool, with some options found in the 2box Editor and with more options.
- you can create a .dsnd with up to 128 layers
- Tune option, loop option (like the 2box Editor)
- create a 3 zones snare, or a snare with a velocity switch for the head zone
- hihats can be built with just a edge or bow zone instead of filling all articulations for both
- produces the same velocity values as the 2box Editor
- option to preserve the sample order
- option to maximize (or not) the samples
- option to sort samples by loudness instead of volume

Edit
Preview and edit a .dsnd file. The interface is inspired by DSoundTool, with more options.
- click from left to right on the buttons to hear different layers
- click on the layer buttons to open a layer view
- adjust balance for each zone of a .dsnd (adjust default panning of a cymbal)
- adjust pitch for each zone of a .dsnd (tune a cymbal bell)
- check boxes to select zones (to remove one or several zones from a .dsnd, like removing a tom rim, ride edge, or making a light version of a hihat)
- check boxes to select layers (to easily remove one or several layers from a .dsnd)
- compatible with the newer .dsnd from 2box (to display the zone names)

changelog:

• .dsnd association: DSound Manager is now associated by default to inspect and edit .dsnd files (select "open with DSound Player" during installation to keep the previous preview feature)
  • DSound Manager Create: build a .dsnd file from .wav (detection of individual samples or files containing all layers for a zone, support for velocities.map)
  • DSound Manager Create: option to sort samples by loudness, by volume (like the 2box Editor and DSoundTool) or to keep the filename order (supports loud to quiet or quiet to loud)
  • DSound Manager Create: quick zone selection, if your .wav filenames or folders contain zone names the other zones will be added for you (double click on zone names on the left to clear them)
  • DSound Manager Create: when creating a hihat the open levels from one zone are duplicated as needed to the other zone without increasing the .dsnd file size.
  • DSound Manager Create: you can set several zones to the same .wav without increasing the dsnd size (to match open levels for hihats or force certain combinations of zones)
  • DSound Manager Create: select "Snare Vel Switch" to create a dsnd with up to three velocity areas on the Head zone. Adjust the velocity percentage at which each area should start.
  • DSound Manager Edit: uncheck some zones and save as a new file to easily remove one or several zones from a .dsnd (to get a smaller version or delete articulations you don't need)
  • DSound Manager Edit: settings to adjust pitch for each zone (can be used to change the pitch of a ride bell for instance)
  • DSound Manager Edit: settings to adjust the volume and balance for each zone.
  • DSound Manager Edit: layer buttons to inspect and select layers, uncheck one or several layers in the list then save to a new .dsnd (you can also press Space to toggle or Del to uncheck)
  • DSound Manager Edit: detects duplicate zones and flags them with "!" (to reduce the size of a dsnd that contains duplicate zones: open it and save as a new file)
  • DSound Manager Extract: when a dsnd contains duplicate zones they won't be extracted.
  • DSound Manager Extract: create velocities.map (compatible with DSoundTool)
  • Dsound Manager Tune: faster sound preview.
  • DKit Manager: faster sound preview (for Windows 10 in particular)
  • DKit Manager Kit, Sounds list: Edit in DSound Manager, select the Edit option in the right-click menu on pad buttons or in the menu when pressing Enter on a .dsnd in the sounds list.
  • DKit Manager Kit: preview closed articulation by default for the HiHat when a single kit is loaded.
  • DKit Manager Kit: improved EQ preview.
  • DKit Manager Check: option to remove all unused .dsnd names from the kit bank.
  • DKit Manager Delete: removed "Uniques" option when loading a single kit since it's only used for kit banks.
  • Accessibility: when assigning a sound in the Sound list the list remains selected instead of going to the Kit list.
  • adjusted scale for high DPI screens.
  • .ini option to increase the scale or decrease the font size (if DKit Manager is too small on your screen increase Scale in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\DrumIt Manager\DKitManager.ini)

edcito

ANGR77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

logihack

Just did card mod on my new drumit3. I hesitate for 3 months, to do that. I took the extension cable out of the old drumit5, and put it in new module. It was even easier.
So the question is:
How can i make my fully loaded  32gb cards for old module, playable with new one. I don't want to lose settings. Well i don't want to lose too much time with that, hehe. Is there an easy way to do that?

Lustar

Absolutely, you can easily update the 32 GB card from the old module to use with the DrumIt 3. But first make sure to keep a backup of everything on the computer.
- copy the OS (DrumItOS*.bin and globalconfig.dcfg) from your DrumIt 3 to the 32 GB card. You can delete/replace the previous .bin and .dcfg files.
- open the kit bank from the 32 GB card in DKit Manager (you can double click on it from the explorer)
- on the first Unit page click Import at the bottom and select the kit bank from your DrumIt 3. It will import all your current Unit settings (all pad and module settings)
- click Save in the main menu