DrumIt Manager: kit editor, manage your .dkit and .dsnd files

Started by Lustar, October 17, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

Quote from: Drumaster on February 09, 2017, 03:15:34 PM
Hello,

What's the use of this software if we have already the free DrumIt Five Editor? Sorry, maybe a silly question but I can do everything with the free sofftware so I was wondering...
There is a list of functions you can do with Drumit Mgr. here: http://lustark.com/drumit-manager
There is so much you can do with Drumit Mgr. that you cannot do with the original software.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Drumaster

Ok thanks Jman.

Anyway, I have all I need with the free one so far.

Lustar

Hello Drumaster,

It's a good question because it looks similar at first. With DKit Manager you can edit all the settings (all kit and unit settings from the module). It also makes it easier to edit and organize kits. In short, you may not need it now but if you ever need more features it can save a lot of time.

It can be used to easily edit multiple kits at once (to assign the same cowbell to different kits for instance, then edit this cowbell for all selected kits at once) and to copy/paste pads with all their settings. You can delete the kits you don't need from your kit bank (and all associated .dsnd unique to these kits) and delete unused .dsnd from your SD card. If you ever want to connect more pads to your module or to change the order of some pads you can easily adjust your kit bank to swap a pad for all kits (swap cymbal 1 and cymbal 2 for all kits, or move cymbal 2 to tom 4 rim for all kits).

DKit Manager also has free features: you can inspect all the settings from a kit bank and check your kit bank for missing, duplicate and unused .dsnd. You can edit the pad Layout to match your own kit. You can also double click on any .dsnd file in the explorer to get a preview.

Drumaster

Thanks for this explanation Lustar. So far I only use/edit one kit but I have to admit that all those features seem very interesting!

Drumaster

One more question: can we create .dsnd files with it like DrumIt Five Editor does? Or does only SDSE do it?

I have no vst on my computer so I think I don't need SDSE/Reaper but a tool like DrumIt Five Editor/DrumIt Manager (if it allows me to create dsnd) to create dsnd from .wav files I find on internet (free samples or packs I buy for any vst, as long as they are in wav format) right?

Lustar

To create .dsnd files check out DSoundTool. DrumIt Manager doesn't create .dsnd files but includes DSound Tuner that can be used to modify existing files. It can enable the "tune up" for existing .dsnd files (to keep the best quality for your dsnd you can create them without "tune up" then use DsoundTuner to create alternate versions that can be tuned up), shorten the samples (to get smaller files or cut noise at the end of samples), or add a bit of reverb. SDSE is meant to export from VSTs but it can also be used to batch convert from .wav to .dsnd.
About free samples and VSTs it's possible to use the free version of SDSE to export the kick, snare and toms from Sennheiser DrumMic'a and the rototoms from Royotoms.

Lustar

A new version of DrumIt Manager is available

• Support for 4K and high DPI screens, everything scales with the resolution
  • Faster sound preview when clicking pad buttons
  • Pads set to rubber heads are displayed differently in Layout view
  • fixed wrong velocity playback for some .dsnd

ANGR77

Hi!

I have seen some problems to read my dkit files. Running on DrumIt Manager latest version. I am running 1.3.0.3 OS. The experienced problems is that I can't see fields like the hi-hat calibration etc regardless which dkit file I bring up. Old default...or my own created ones. Running w10. Have a memory modified 2box....and just reads the sd card directly on my computer.

Lustark, have you seen any of these problems? It used to work fine! :-)

Best regards

Anders Gronlund / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

Hi! Thanks for telling me, I haven't seen that... It works here with DKit Manager 1.4.7c and the 1.30.3 OS. If both Calib fields show 0 it either means that the hats were never calibrated for this kit bank, or that it contains unusual values. So values of 0 would be normal for old default kit banks but not for a kit bank with calibrated hats. Please send me the dkit files by email or PM, I'll check them as soon as possible!

Lustar

DSound Tuner:

• Channels option to mix the .dsnd files to mono or swap channels (useful to convert a kit from audience to drummer perspective) - thanks to Kuba for the idea

DKit Manager:

• fix to open a kit bank from an older DrumIt Five OS that was saved with a newer OS - thanks to Anders

Lustar

It makes it easy to extract samples from .dsnd files with the original pitch. You can extract from one or several .dsnd files.

• DSound Tuner: Extract menu to extract samples from one or several .dsnd files with options to restore the original pitch, reverse the order of samples or merge to a single wav for each zone with silence between samples.
  • DKit Manager: fixed issue that prevented some .dsnd instruments to be found when the files were read from the SD card (for Cymbal and Perc folders)
  • DKit Manager: factory .dsnd won't be flagged as "CHECK" in the kit reports (CHECK is used to warn about possible double hits in .dsnd files)

Jman

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

ANGR77

I can just agree with mr Jman!

Nice improvements!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

Thanks for the support :)

latest change:

• DKit Manager: fixed finding .dsnd instruments and .wav songs when the SD card is accessed as a network drive

Lustar

New version of DrumIt Manager

• support for DrumIt Three and DrumIt OS 1.32
  • faster sound preview, improved kit preview
  • Report: added all kit and unit settings to the text/csv Report
  • Layout: double click on instrument names to remove them from the pads
  • Layout: fixed .dsnd drag and drop when some pads are set to rubber trigger types
  • fixed issue when saving old 1.20 kit banks (they couldn't be opened with the 2box Editor)