News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland TD20/30 owners/users

Started by Jaybee, August 18, 2014, 06:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrallgood101

HEY JAYBEE!!!! Don't buy the 2Box pads! Listen to me, Dude...I'm new to this site and kinda in the same boat you're in. And I don't know if you already made your purchase yet, but if you're still undecided about whether you should buy the 2Box pads or the Roland TD-30. I WOULD NOT BUY THE 2BOX PADS/KIT!!!! ....But I would DEFINTIELY buy the 2Box sound module!!

Right now, I am at similar crossroads. I just purchased all roland pads and hardware (PD-125, PD-105, K-120 kick)... and seriously considering either the Jobeky 13", DrumTec 13" Hart 13" as my snare. I am kinda torn between the Roland TD-15 or 30...and the 2Box. Your fear, and mine as well... is, "Will 2Box be around to support and enhance their product, or will they fade into the abyss of toy-like lower line e-drum kits like DDrum and Simmons?" But after chatting with many people (and people on this forum) and ongoing research. As of now, I think the 2Box sound module wins it for me.... almost hands down. As far as drum sounds, performance and price-point... they kill ALL competition. They just DON'T have the marketing dollars and patent-ownership Roland has here in the states! BUT...let's be real here, those orange 2Box pads got to go, man! Think about it.... there is a VERY good reason as to why MOST people (even on this site!) use & LOVE the 2box module, but DO NOT use the pads. That's because the pads are NOT better than other companies. Period. Furthermore, even if they were better pads than all the other e-drum pads out there (and we all know that's not true), they just don't look like something you want to have as your MAIN e-kit on a regular basis, especially if you plan on doing gigs with this e-kit like I plan to do! Orange?? C'mon man. BUT... if you did get the 2Box Kit/pads....you're better off painting it black like this guy did! Take a look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpBvJbsKTUg

But once again, as far as the SOUND MODULE... I do think I'm leaning towards the 2Box sound module. I don't think ANY other e-drum company can rock with them as far as what the 2Box module offers. Not even expensive-ass, overpriced Roland (Yea, yea, yea, I have Roland Pads, but that don't mean the damn things aren't overpriced...because they are!). I just wish that the 2Box module worked with the Roland Hi-Hat (and other e-drum companies) flawlessly out the box.

So here's where I'm at right now. Being that I have Roland pads (and seekling 3rd party snare), I'm considering exploring one of these two options....

#1) Jman's hi hat mod that works with ANY standard hi hat stand. Jman is a smart and creative dude.
#2) Buy the 2Box module. And in addition... instead of purchasing the Gen 16 Hi hat and Cymbals, I'll pay less money and buy the Roland TD-11 (with has USB port) to use with the Roland Hi hat and Roland cymbals. By doing that, I'll also have the other Roland drum sounds as well.

2box Module + Roland TD-11 Module (or used TD-12) = around $1,600
2Box Module + Roland TD-15 (or used TD-20) = around $2,000

Any suggestions or advice out there? Just like JayBee...I'm totally open to you guys insight and help :)

Murgen

Dude, you are so wrong about the pads. I won't even bother to discuss it. Just try to make a split in looks and performance because they work fine for me and many others here. And I played PD125 and lower from Roland too.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012