News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Snare mesh head finally gave up, where to order rubber rings?

Started by Murgen, August 18, 2014, 08:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

After 52 months of faithful duty the mesh head finally gave up. I had a spare and noticed one broken rubber ring, any update on replacement rings?

After 52 months of duty by murgenetemplar, on Flickr
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Jman

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Murgen

Quote from: Jman on August 18, 2014, 01:45:39 PM
On the O-Rings, Lustar replied with dimensions and a link in this thread: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=2086.msg18443#msg18443

Thanx, and I got a mail from 2Box, they will send me some too. :)  Love those people. :)
--------

fulrmr

52 months! nice for a single ply. Harts are the only ones I've seen in the past that can take constant snare abuse for that long of a time frame and still be in tact. Cool. 8)

Murgen

Quote from: fulrmr on August 18, 2014, 05:59:34 PM
52 months! nice for a single ply. Harts are the only ones I've seen in the past that can take constant snare abuse for that long of a time frame and still be in tact. Cool. 8)

Take in account I play with 2B's :)
--------

teletom007

Murgen

Quote from: teletom007 on August 18, 2014, 08:38:06 PM
Murgen,
are you sure you did not shoot the mesh. :rock:

Almost ... I ran out of supply of my favourite sticks and used a pair of Vaters which are slightly longer and heavier. Played a tune from Roger Waters (Amused to death, what God wants, God gets) and was a bit too enthousiastic.
--------

hemiboy

Boy,  that mesh head doesn't owe you a thing, right Murgen?

hemiboy

Now we have to find out what mesh that is for diy purposes, am I right in thinking someone makes those meshes for 2box?

fulrmr

Quote from: hemiboy on August 20, 2014, 12:02:09 AM
Now we have to find out what mesh that is for diy purposes, am I right in thinking someone makes those meshes for 2box?

If you are going DIY...I recommend Suntex90 Solar screen. I used a sewing machine(or I should say my wife used the sewing machine :P ) for a full set of these and they play and feel even better (to me) than the Roland or Hart heads I was using previously. Never blew through one yet....and that has been since March of 2010.  ;)

hemiboy

Thanks Dan, I know from some of your earlier posts that you have had good luck with that mesh. Unfortunately, I don't sew or have anybody who would be able to do that for me, so I am  stuck with buying over the counter online for now

Murgen

Quote from: hemiboy on August 20, 2014, 01:58:01 PM
Thanks Dan, I know from some of your earlier posts that you have had good luck with that mesh. Unfortunately, I don't sew or have anybody who would be able to do that for me, so I am  stuck with buying over the counter online for now

http://education-portal.com/sewing_schools.html
--------