News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Volume drops when triggering through midi

Started by eyerichards, September 07, 2014, 10:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyerichards

Hey everyone,
Has anyone experienced volume drops when triggering vsts through midi.I had an intermittent problem yesterday that when I did some strong accents on kit there was a dramatic drop in volume as well as some distortion.Then after some more strong accents the volume would return. I swapped out midi cables but the problem still occurred.
gear used is as follows.
2 box kit into RME Babyface interface through Toshiba laptop using Steven slate drums in Reaper.

Cheers  :)

ashFromCov

I've had this in ssd4 also... Have you recorded the midi and checked if it was ok during playback?.... I've found that the amount of processing power ssd4 needs sometimes it wouldn't sound on hard snare hits during playing(recording takes) but on playback it was all good.... Sorted problem by changing audio buffer,  and increasing CPU allowance in daw etc....

eyerichards

Quote from: ashFromCov on September 17, 2014, 06:29:35 PM
I've had this in ssd4 also... Have you recorded the midi and checked if it was ok during playback?.... I've found that the amount of processing power ssd4 needs sometimes it wouldn't sound on hard snare hits during playing(recording takes) but on playback it was all good.... Sorted problem by changing audio buffer,  and increasing CPU allowance in daw etc....

Thanks Ash,
I'll check it out. Loving ssd4, great sound when you hear it mixed in with other instruments. Pretty much no tweaking required. :)