Can't edit my sounds in the editor - HELP NEEDED and MUCH APPRECIATED

Started by Airwolf One, August 28, 2014, 02:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airwolf One

Hello,

Sorry if the question have been already asked but as I didn't find the answer in the forum, it would be great if anyone could explain or suggest what to do in my case:

Running on a mac 10.9.4
I re-installed the editor 1.0.4

The editor just simply doesn't allow me to do anything, including dragging and dropping files etc.
It was not working before and it is also not working now that I have made the upgrade to the SD card (installed extension card reader and 16GB SD card which work just fine - and I know I can't use USB anymore).

The sound module is a first generation and running the latest firmware, which I believe is currently 1.26.

Please help me, as I can't upgrade my sound list and gigs are coming soon.

Thank you!

fishmonkey

how are you accessing the SD card? are you using an internal card reader, or another card reader attached to your Mac?

Airwolf One

Quote from: fishmonkey on August 30, 2014, 11:20:48 AM
how are you accessing the SD card? are you using an internal card reader, or another card reader attached to your Mac?

internal card reader (extension) for the sound module and using a macbook pro with a dedicated SD card slot. So I'm not using USB, just moving the SD card from the sound module to the laptop. I can access all files from both sound module and laptop but I just can't edit anything using the Editor software.

Any idea?

Jman

Quote from: Airwolf One on September 02, 2014, 07:08:51 PM
internal card reader (extension) for the sound module and using a macbook pro with a dedicated SD card slot. So I'm not using USB, just moving the SD card from the sound module to the laptop. I can access all files from both sound module and laptop but I just can't edit anything using the Editor software.

Any idea?
I don't know if this will be of any help because I am on a PC. But on the PC with my 2Box card in my card reader this is the procedure to open it up in the 2Box Editor.

Open the 2Box Editor. Click on File (top left corner). Click on Open Kit Bank. Navigate to the Drive letter for the Card Reader with the card inside. Click on that. And then choose/double click on the Drumit.dkit file from your card. That opens up the card in the editor.

If when you open up the 2Box Editor you get a message like Load Error Couldn't load file ..... then click OK. Double Click Kit (left top) and navigate to the Card Reader/card and the Drumit.dkit like explained above.

As a side note, this is not limited to accessing the SD card in a reader. I have several different backups of the 2Box module/cards on my computer. Any of those can be opened and used in the Editor also. Same as above by simply navigating to the drive/file/Drumit.dkit and opening in the 2Box Editor.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

wildhorse5678

Hello, I am having the same problem.   I have a feeling that I must be doing something fundamentally wrong because the manual tells me I can 'Easily Manage the module from your computer'  .

But it's just not working for me at all.   

I am presuming that the fault is mine , and Im doing something wrong but I cant figure out what because I apear to be following the instructions.

I CAN  access the 100 inbuilt kits  ie 1- 100, and I see these listed on a pop up screen when I click on 'kits' at the top line of the screen.

I have uploaded The CUBE kits from the 2BOX WEBSITE . They have been succesfully  installed on the Module after the bank of 100 kits and filed as C1, C2 C3 etc  as the manual says they will be ... great so far so good.

As it happend the CUBE kits are exactly the acoustic sound I want ... at last a sound I like in 2box ... but the 'kit' doesnt have any cymbals just drums so I want to add cymbals to these Kits ie Kits on the module in position C1 , C2 . C3 etc etc.

I have tried clicking on the Kit name - and the ERROR CANT LOAD FILE MESSAGE comes up.  so I then try the navigation method - I locate the kit that way .... but again all I get  is the Error Message. I cant seem to get to position C1 , C2 etc this way.....to edit these kits  .  Maybe Im not supposed to.  But if that's the case can sometone confirm this?

What I DO appear to be able to do is open one of the 100 set kits so that they show in the  right hand side edit window with all the pads, and at the same time have in the other left hand side all the sounds of the CUBE kit

What I am then able to do IS drag the CUBE sounds onto one of the 100 inbuilt kits.  So I have edited kit  No. 13  "Latin Rims" so that the pads play the CUBE drums and I use the set on cymbals aready assigned to that Kit. 

NOW If THAT is the way I'm supposed to add new kits  (ie change the exisiting once) then frankly I'm OK with that because I dont like most of the 100 inbuilt kits so happy to change then this way  - not tried to edit the name of the kit from Latin Rims to CUBE  yet . I presume I can via the module.

But IS THIS THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE?? I dont think it is?   Why have a facilith to have a bank of Own Kits - if they cant be editied>

I have to be making a mistake somewhere.?? 

Anyone shed some light on this.

WHAT IS NEEDED IS SOME OF THE VERY CLEVER PEOPLE ON HERE TO PRODUCE SOME YOU TUBE VIDEOS showing how IT'S ALL SUPPOSED TO WORK.

fishmonkey

i agree that the kit handling is a bit obtuse.

when you boot the module, the current 100 kit bank is loaded. then, any single kits are also loaded, and when scrolling through the kits in the module they appear after the 100 kits in the main kit bank, with the letter prefix which is generally based on the first letter of the single kit filename. hence the Cube Beech single kits appear as C1, C2, C3, etc.

you can have multiple versions of the 100 kit bank, but to load a different kit bank you need to hold down the Kit button while rebooting the module. the single kits on the other hand are always available as mentioned above (there can be up to 999 single kits).

in your situation it is probably more straightforward to either edit the default 100 kit bank, or a copy of it.

i'm not sure why your Cube Beech kits don't have cymbals assigned though, from memory they use existing cymbals...

Jman

You can play and edit all kits including the single kits you add after the first 100 existing 2Box kits directly in the module (without using the Editor).

With the 2Box Editor you can only edit the 1st 100 kits. So if you want to edit one of the single kits you have added you need to use the "Import" tab. You can import a kit to any of the 100 spots. Then do your editing. You can save those changes by exporting that kit, or you can save the kit bank after you make the changes. If you export the kit and don't click on save changes to the kit bank before exiting the 2Box Editor the kit you edited will be saved but your top 100 kits will remain the same. If you click Save the kit bank before exiting the Editor you can save the change with the kit in the top 100 spot you chose. You can also rename the kit bank when saving. That way you still have one kit bank that is stock, and a new kit bank with your changes in the top 100 kits.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/