News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Newbie to this site - PLEASE HELP !

Started by Mojeeta, August 07, 2014, 11:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

OK, all uploaded and PM sent to Mojeeta. If anyone else needs or wants this zip just let me know. I won't leave a public link, and it will require a password to download ...... but I have it if anyone needs it. The zip I uploaded is a full backup of the current stock 2Box module (OS 1.26) configured for mesh heads. But I also uploaded the .dkit and Init.dkit files for the stock US rubber head setup that can be substituted by you if you download that file also. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

mcrackins

Quote from: Jman on August 10, 2014, 07:35:10 PM
I can do that. Only problem is I don't know if Mojeeta has the US kit with Rubber heads. The trigger parameters are very different on that kit compared to the non US kit with Mesh heads. It makes a huge dif in the plug n play experience for sure. Anyway I will upload the mesh head version. But I also have the Drumit.dkit and DrumitInit.dkit for the Rubber head kit that can replace those files in the module if it is the US kit.
When I do my plug n play 32GB extender kits I now ask which kit people have because it makes a big dif. J

Very interesting. I received rubber heads on mine, but I went ahead and got the 682 heads for everything. I'm wondering if I should grab that zip off you before I can my module back? I didn't know there was any difference between the two. Would I just need the Drumit.dkit file?

Actually, I'm confused.....I just took a look at my backup files and I have both those "dkit" files??

Jman

Quote from: mcrackins on August 11, 2014, 06:31:22 AM
Very interesting. I received rubber heads on mine, but I went ahead and got the 682 heads for everything. I'm wondering if I should grab that zip off you before I can my module back? I didn't know there was any difference between the two. Would I just need the Drumit.dkit file?

Actually, I'm confused.....I just took a look at my backup files and I have both those "dkit" files??
The only difference is the trigger parameters. Mesh heads are more sensitive than rubber and for instance gain is quite a bit lower for all the mesh pads. The .dkit contains all the settings, kits, etc. Init.dkit is the same but remains unchanged and serves as the file you can use to reset the module to default.

mcrackins

Quote from: Jman on August 11, 2014, 06:44:03 AM
The only difference is the trigger parameters. Mesh heads are more sensitive than rubber and for instance gain is quite a bit lower for all the mesh pads. The .dkit contains all the settings, kits, etc. Init.dkit is the same but remains unchanged and serves as the file you can use to reset the module to default.

So do you think, I should grab those files from you? I have all the kits etc...

Mojeeta

Ok Jman, you've changed my experience of the 2box totally for the better, so just stock setup it is for now till everything checks out 100%.   Even with just that one kit, I can't get over how accurate that snare/rim sound is. With your eyes closed you'd swear could hear the metal construction of the actual drum instead of a tiny pad. Seeing/hearing is believing!

And yes, like mcrackins mine has the 682 mesh heads.

ETA for installation with this laptop... 5 hours.  Time to get out the Blu-Rays I reckon. :)

Murgen

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Jman

Quote from: mcrackins on August 11, 2014, 08:00:50 AM
So do you think, I should grab those files from you? I have all the kits etc...
The Drumit.dkit file with Unit settings for the mesh head 2Box kit is here:  http://www.2box.se/World/pages/os-update/

It is the download for v1.26 Unit Settings

Mojeeta

ok it's been a couple of weeks now and I've been through ALL the stock kits and sounds.  Taking elements from 4 of the kits get's me something useable for my needs - (the whole experience is now completely different to how it was before I came to this forum - so thank you for the help everyone!)

I 'SHALL' be keeping this system - as I now consider it IS worth the purchase price.    :-X