News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

how to connect a spd-s to the 2box?

Started by adrian, July 28, 2014, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian

i would like to connect a drumpad (like spd-s or alesis controlpad) to trigger sounds from the 2box. so i will have 6 triggers in one place instead of 6 different pads that will take alot of space.

does anyone know if this will be possible through midi?
or do i need to construct my own drumpad with 6 jack trigger outputs?
cant find any drumpads with individual trigger outputs outthere..

-adrian

Jman

Quote from: adrian on July 28, 2014, 10:58:23 PM
i would like to connect a drumpad (like spd-s or alesis controlpad) to trigger sounds from the 2box. so i will have 6 triggers in one place instead of 6 different pads that will take alot of space.

does anyone know if this will be possible through midi?
or do i need to construct my own drumpad with 6 jack trigger outputs?
cant find any drumpads with individual trigger outputs outthere..

-adrian
Yeah, you can run a MIDI cable from the MIDI out of the SPD-S to MIDI In of the 2Box module and trigger sounds of the 2Box module from the SPD-S. I believe the SPD-S and the 2Box module are both already set to Channel 10 to send and receive MIDI. You will have to find/set the note #s for the pads of the SPD-S to correspond to the pads/zones of the 2Box module. Page 36 of the SPD-S manual goes into changing MIDI note #s for the pads of the SPD-S.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

adrian

thanks so much.. you saved my day..

bonus queston: is spd-s the best triggerpad out there when im only using it for triggering or is there any other triggerpad that does that job better..  i am only using it for playing live gigs by the way

rhysT

I've been considering a similar setup with my DTX Multi-12, which should midi control the 2box kits OK.
It's not as easy controlling the Multi-12 from the 2box triggers as not all the M-12's 'standard' drum kits use consistent midi notes/numbers for similar drum sounds.

Apparently the 2box kits don't allow 'spare' midi notes to be assigned to extra sounds, but at least the 12 pads and extra trigger inputs would provide a compact setup with a 2box module - just add some pedals and a snare pad.

If you want to try my current Multi-12 User kits I'll provide a link in 'Other e-drum systems'.