News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound editor software (merged thread)

Started by mika77f, January 04, 2010, 01:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baby Samus

Quote from: Manfred on April 23, 2010, 03:11:33 PM
Really exciting, i hope i have been wrong when i supposed that they aren't working on the editor!

You don't need to hope Manfred...of course they have been working on it - the alternative is that they are lying to all their customers, and I know which one is more likely.  Thats not to say that this site update will definitely include the editor, but it might.  I reckon more likely we'll see O/S 1.05, and maybe a few more samples.

Remi

Quote from: puttenvr on April 23, 2010, 02:23:42 PM
The site is updated at this moment

wow.... wow... wow.... exciting

Still updating!! ??

puttenvr

fishmonkey

Quote from: Baby Samus on April 23, 2010, 05:00:33 PM
You don't need to hope Manfred...of course they have been working on it - the alternative is that they are lying to all their customers, and I know which one is more likely.

i don't know whether it is ready for general release yet, but as i have stated before, there definitely (100%) is an editor in progress...

Baby Samus

So we have a beta version of the software, excellent.  Can't believe some people thought that they weren't working on this...now all we need is the next O/S to hopefully fix the cymbal triggering etc.  Good stuff 2Box.  Will test as soon as I have the chance...

madmanmafimardi

easy browsing system, good looks.
how do I remove a sound from a pad again to leave it blank?

puttenvr

So here it is. The long awaited software editor. Thought I start a new topic about it (since we now WHERE to download it).

What are your thoughts?
How does it look?
Did you make any sounds?
R there any bugz?

edit: Putt I've added the link and deleted my post - sorry to intrude :) cheers, UC

puttenvr

- It's a very easy and user friendly program.
- You can't edit excisting dsnd files

westerlu77

I feel that now 2Box can be a killer for the market with this editor with huge possibilities of sounds!! Great!

fishmonkey

if you are doing lots of kit editing, it's worthwhile transferring all the sounds from the drum module to your computer first (although it takes hours because of the USB 1.1 connection)...

that way sounds load much faster, and you can work on kits without being connected to the 2Box module.

westerlu77

What I miss is that I want to have a equalizer into the program to easy adjust the sounds for me.

ncwilliamsuk

Cant wait to try this...

Has anyone tried this editor with VST instruments like Superior Drummer 2.0?  If so how did you go about it and how did you obtain the samples you require for the editor?  Can you use them together or do you need to create the samples from SD2.0 before using the editor?

fishmonkey

you need to copy the wave sample files and build kits using them. you get to decide how many layers of multisamples to use.

and of course the samples need to be copied onto the DrumIt Five module. remember that there isn't much free space on the module, so you may need to remove some existing samples first if you intend to build new mega-kits...

puttenvr

Quote from: ncwilliamsuk on April 24, 2010, 08:23:11 AM
Cant wait to try this...

Has anyone tried this editor with VST instruments like Superior Drummer 2.0?  
I think those programs use propietaire sound formats which can't be used as long as 2Box doesn't make a covenant with the owners

Quote from: fishmonkey on April 24, 2010, 08:48:55 AM
. remember that there isn't much free space on the module, so you may need to remove some existing samples first if you intend to build new mega-kits...
You can remove some of the songs and dsnd files you never use