News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound editor software (merged thread)

Started by mika77f, January 04, 2010, 01:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandubien

Quote from: UC on April 26, 2010, 10:05:53 PM
Got to admit I've only played with the Windows one.

Do you get any other symptoms? Error messages, window just disappears, computer freeze?

Only this issue when I try to add a wave file : the software freezes for 3 seconds then crashes and window simply disappear. All other functions are ok.

I know it's a beta version, that's why I'm reporting these issues. We all should do the same to improve the editor.

By the way, I think it's a good idea to open a new thread where people can say what they would like to have for the next version of the sotware. Just like we do for the brain.

Cheers.

spoenk

everything works fine here, dragging wavs, then using the sound in 2box...just don't like the programm to decide the velocity-layers for me!!

Daniel

Quote from: hwasser on April 24, 2010, 02:33:45 PM
Why just superior drums? I want addictive drums!

another thumb for superior here!  :P

Manfred

Quote from: puttenvr on April 28, 2010, 05:15:49 AM
Please tell me http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,362.0.html

Well, i think we are talking about two different options:

- use Superior/BFD/AD-Sounds at the 2Box-Brain (without a PC)
- use 2Box-Sounds at your PC as Virtual Instrument (without 2Box-Brain)

I don't care about the second option. But the first is very interesting for me. It is not easy to record a drum kit with high quality but it is easy to buy SD/BFD/AD. So for me this software is the only way to get high quality samples to create new sounds for my 2Box-Brain.

At this time i have to create Midi-Tracks with single hits, play them with SD and bounce the audio-output in a wav file. After that i have to repeat the procedure many times with different velocities. Next step is to create a dsnd-file out of these wav-files with the 2Box-editor. This is a pretty complicated way to create new sounds.

I hope there will be a easier way in the near future. With Louis' editor for example you can create Midifiles with multiple hits. Afterwards you can use a single wav-file that contains many samples to create a dsnd-file. From this point of view Louis editor is more comfortable. Import SD-sounds directly into the 2Box-editor would be the optimum.

Currently the 2Box editor is good to edit drum kits but not very good for new sounds.

Manfred

Louis

Quote from: Manfred on April 28, 2010, 04:59:11 PM

I hope there will be a easier way in the near future. With Louis' editor for example you can create Midifiles with multiple hits. Afterwards you can use a single wav-file that contains many samples to create a dsnd-file. From this point of view Louis editor is more comfortable. Import SD-sounds directly into the 2Box-editor would be the optimum.

Currently the 2Box editor is good to edit drum kits but not very good for new sounds.

Manfred

The most user friendly way that I could think of to collect sounds from a VST would be if the sound editor could act as VST host. Then you could start Superior Drummer (or other VSTi-s) from the sound editor, configure the SD drums as you want them, and then, in the sound editor, select for instance "generate the snare for me". The sound editor would then automatically feed the VSTi with midi notes for snare sounds, record the wave file and save the result as a dsnd file.

However this was too much work for me to implement in DSoundTool. But perhaps an idea for the 2box sound editor?

Louis

tim1987

I was hoping that I would be able to get like a Superior Drummer/BFD kit in to the drumit five but presume that's not possible. I suppose you can buy a kit like BFD and use the drumit, but the Mac would also have to be at my side.

I was hoping also that maybe we could have got the Ddrum 4 sounds somehow in there, because some of them kits were awesome even if they are 15 years old!

fishmonkey

there is some info about using BFD2 samples in the 2Box brain here:

http://www.2box-forum.com/resources/

even without the special "mixdown" mode mentioned, it is reasonably straightforward to import the raw BFD samples as they are stored as wave files...

UC

Quote from: tim1987 on April 29, 2010, 09:20:53 AM
I was hoping also that maybe we could have got the Ddrum 4 sounds somehow in there, because some of them kits were awesome even if they are 15 years old!

It would be great to get higher-res files - I'm guessing those barbarians at Armadillo (or maybe Clavia) still hold the keys to them though :(

tim1987

I was hoping that Toontrack would work. I want the EZ drummer and jazz pack. If had the computer next to me, would that work then, with the module?

I'm a newbie at this, but the virtual instruments seem to be the way to go as the sounds are so good, I was hoping that I would be able to get the toontrack sounds into the module, as this would save me taking a computer around with me everywhere, which was one of the main reasons I bought a 2box.

tim1987

I have tried out a demo of addictive drummer and believe it or not, the drumit sounds better. I had it coming through a monitor and the snare and toms really cut through.

I'd want a jazz kit, but it's annoying that with these programs like EZ or Addictive, you have to have a separate program to play it, which means spending more money on something you're not going to use.

Manfred

Quote from: tim1987 on April 29, 2010, 12:26:22 PM
I was hoping that Toontrack would work. I want the EZ drummer and jazz pack.

It is already possible to use toontrack sounds with the 2Box-brain. But its not very comfortable to create the sound-files. Just use a Midi file, play it with your toontrack software and record the audio output in an wav file. With these wave files you can create a dsnd-file and copy it to the brain. Thats it.

Of course you can also connect your module to your computer. But then you always need your computer while playing drums. This can also be done with a cheap megadrum-module. The big advantage the 2Box-brain offers is that you can edit sounds and copy them into the module.

tim1987

Do you think it would be possible to get the expansion packs into the module without the need for the main program. I.e. buying the jazz and funk addictive packs, but not getting addictive drummer as I'm not bothered for them sounds.

Has anyone tried addictive with the 2 box?

Update: Had a reply from XLN Audio to say that addictive isn't compatible. This is so frustrating as I thought it would be easy to transfer samples to the 2box.

I have logic on my mac, so how if I got toontrack- how would I get a wav file from the ez files?

Thanks

fishmonkey

unless you can find a way to convert the proprietary sample formats into wave files, then your only option is to record the drum software playing the sounds, and then build your own multisamples...

mandubien

Quote from: fishmonkey on April 30, 2010, 02:26:08 PM
unless you can find a way to convert the proprietary sample formats into wave files, then your only option is to record the drum software playing the sounds, and then build your own multisamples...

I know that VLC can read dnsd files and convert them to wave files. Maybe it can also read other proprietary formats.
If someone wants to send me a sample, I can try.