News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi Hat Calibrating and Drum Bass Issues

Started by Mapu, May 30, 2017, 05:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mapu

Hi guys, I'm kinda new to this Forum.

I finally got myself a 2box Drumit 5! I'm kinda excited about it cause i've been looking for one for a long time!

I bought it second hand in the US (I'm From Argentina).
I roughly tested there cause i wan on a vacation so havent got time for assemble it and try it the right way.
Just Plugged the pads and Cymbals and tested that way... All of them working well (actualli the Snare Rim sounded like a lowered volume of a snare hit)

Once I got back to Argentina, I first set up the hold kit but didnt plug it to electricity cause our voltage is 220, so i have to wait till the next day to buy a conversor.

In the mean time i just lpayed as a Mutt Drum (you know, the only place where I practice was my matress, so this was a big deal)

The next day arrived, i bought my voltage conversor.

All sounded great... but the Bass kick... I read somewhere that the beater must not be at the sensor height, and i cant remember if i checked this... so... Is it a chance that i screw up the main sensor?
Cause if i press the Kick button on hte module it work... and iff i changed the cable line of the Snare to the Kick, when i hit the snare i can hear a bass drum kick... so it is not a cable problem...

Another thing. Hi Hat calibration.
I follow the procedure of a HiHat calibration... but i only get open hi hat sound... and actually i reset it a bunch of times, and now, every time I barely lift my foot to an open hi, it sounds...

Please tell me is there a solution for any of this!

See ya! and Keep on Drumming!!  :animal:

Jman

On the Kick drum read this thread: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,3634.msg26595.html#msg26595

And when you do the Hi Hat Calibration does it say "Done" on the screen when you finish?

Also, since you bought this used I would check the module to see what OS it is running. You can check that by pressing Unit and paging down to the info page.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Mapu

Thanx for the help.

I got in contact with 2Box themselves and they answer me the same thing.

I need to see if I have to sold a wire or buy a piezo.

Concerinng the Hi Hat Issue, I did the re calibration several times, the complete procedure, but still have no postive response.

I'll try to plug it into the PC and see if i can update the firmware.

Thanks a lot. if you happen to cross any other idea in your head... please tell me!

Thanx!

welshsteve

Hi hat, this might be obvious, make sure it's in the hihat channel, a working stereo (TRS to TRS cable)
In unit mode - HHT selected as trigger type, gain set to where max hit peak at 0db, threshold about -36-40, cross talk on low (but try off for now) curve on normal.

Just thought I'd suggest it. Wrong trigge type will give you open only sound.

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!