News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Kick Mounting Plate angle

Started by nathanotis, May 22, 2014, 03:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathanotis

Hey guys! I finally made good on my promise to join your ranks. I brought home my Drumit5 this very evening.

The kick drum is frustrating me. The clamp that you attach to the bar sits at a slightly forward angle, which in turn puts the kick pad at a slightly forward angle, WHICH IN TURN keeps the kick pedal (Tama 600 Series) from being able to clamp to the bracket.

This is due to how the  clamp indexes on the pipe in the first place...

Am I missing something?

Please tell me I'm missing something...

fishmonkey

i have a similar problem, except my kick drum leans back on an angle (i guess if you reversed the bar, yours would too). i would try swapping the long curved bar with the other one, it might be straighter.

Drum2

Nothing wrong with the bars. You just unscrew the ends and turn the tubes in the right position. Here's a sort of manual for that:
The screws that are in the ends are somewhat, let's say, Chinese quality :( , so please be careful. First loosen the wing nuts a bit, then unscrew the hexagon screws, to begin with the one (out of four) that will turn without to much effort. The others will come loose a bit more easy.
First check if the bar is in the ends completely.
Now adjust the bar into the right position and tighten the hexagon screws.

If you can't loosen the hexagon screws, try warming them a bit, some locking compound is in the tread.

Succes!  :rock:

fishmonkey

ah, of course. should have looked closer! thanks for the tip!

nathanotis

Thanks so much for that tip! My wife asked me if that was a possibility... I poo-pooed the idea saying, "Hon! Look at this... it's a precision instrument".

How am I gonna live this down?

Murgen

Quote from: nathanotis on May 22, 2014, 01:46:03 PM
Thanks so much for that tip! My wife asked me if that was a possibility... I poo-pooed the idea saying, "Hon! Look at this... it's a precision instrument".

How am I gonna live this down?

Lol  ;D ;D ;D welcome to the club. :)
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

nathanotis

I'm having issues getting things squared up... Anyone think it would be advisable to lock the legs firmly into the clamps, then loosen all the crossmembers in the "unhinged" side of the clamps, then re-tighten?

I'm hoping this would give the best results...

fishmonkey

i haven't tried adjusting mine yet, but looking at it again i can see that rotating the bar won't work very well if the grooves are more than a a little wonky.

so i think it is worth trying the other bar if the one you are using now is too warped.

nathanotis

I was able to sort it out in the end. I took the ends off the bar, mounted the kick and pedal to the bar, then put the clamps loosely on the bar and in position on the rack. Then I SLOWLY tightened, measured, tweaked, tightened, measured, tweaked, tweaked, tweaked and tightened the living crap out of it!

All's right with the world.