News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

who's gigging their kit?

Started by analoguekid, May 16, 2014, 02:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

analoguekid

My band plays 3-4 nights per week and I'm concerned about the wear and tear of the constant setup and teardown...is anybody else moving around a lot?  have you had any reliability issues?

Just a noob...

thanks!

weekendcamper

Murgen

I gig with my acoustic kit. Too much hassle and spare parts to get to take the 2Box out of the drum cabin on the 2nd floor of this house.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

plastichead

Yes, I practice and gig with my 2box kit.  I have regular failures with cymbals (not 2box) mostly, so I carry a spare one.  My nightmare is some kind of power supply failure as I don't have a proper replacement.  I also have a spare back up memory card.  It does take it out of your kit a bit but what the hell - it's there to be played and I like to see dubious drummers be surprised.  At the last gig a drummer said 'yeah, sounds good, the saving grace is that you are using real cymbals' ....I wasn't! 

NewEDrummer

I have played a handful of gigs with the 2Box kit.
Found the 2 box cymbals very flimsy and the rack
Showing signs of wear.
I have had a tama maple kit converted by Diamond drums which now is perfect I mount my cymbles
On proper stands and just have to take the module.
It's a 6 peice kit which I can decide in venue size etc
How much or little I want to take and it looks stunning.
Not as expensive as you think either.
It enables me to leave the 2 Box stock kit set up at home permanently for practice all I do is connect the module.
I have a Jman 32g expander and can slot in SD,s of what ever I like I have home headphone monitor system mixes and SD,s with live mixes where everything goes on seperate outs to the desk.
Lots of possibilities in fact endless. 👍