News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Question about Fallam on Mesh Head

Started by mcrackins, May 05, 2014, 09:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcrackins

Can anyone tell me if putting a fallam on the mesh kick reduces the bounce somewhat?
I'm using a Kat tennis ball beater on a 682 mesh black head.

Thanks

BURNIN AMBITION

in MY opinion it increases it my friend
2box, bengt, deve, digital drummer, Jman, Brian, Manfred thanx for everything

iola 11
http://www.facebook.com/iola11
www.reverbnation.com/iola11
https://soundcloud.com/iola11
https://twitter.com/iola11band
www.youtube.com/iola11band
www.myspace.com/iola11

hemiboy

I think the falam made my Roland KD 120 with a black 682 head actually bounce a little more. I was going to get the Kat tennis ball beaters but decided to just use my ludwig 20 inch kick as a "show dummy" in front  of my new v 3 Triggera Kriggs.

fulrmr

hmmm...I thought it made my DIY head a bit more solid with the felt beaters of my Sleishman Twin..however My patch is DIY too...so I guess that may make a difference. ;)

mcrackins

Thanks for the info guys.

What about felt beater with fallam on mesh head? Any info advice, warnings etc?

hemiboy

Without aflame the felt and mesh heads are supposedly a no no, but if you like the response and performance with it on mesh, shouldn't be a durability problem as far as I can see. See what comes back from others though, even though I am never wrong! In my dreams!

fulrmr

Yeah...the felt will melt the mesh...so durability is very much a problem and will shorten the life of the head. Protect the mesh with a patch...unless you don't mind replacing them. ;)

hemiboy

Yeah Of course I was satin it would be ok with falam patch on only . I am starting to get jealous of those of us who live in a situation which allows cutting loose without worrying about Falam  patches, drum risers, this mesh head or that. Time to go play somewhere else on an  acoustic kit or e kit where no neighbor is banging on the ceiling or my front door, one thing I always have had a problem with is  restrictions imposed by others. I continue to try to act like  an adult and do the right thing, but inside I childishly want to go into a 20 minute solo with tons of double bass just to piss the neighbors off. So , I guess it comes down to the old saying that "I am not judged by my thinking or intentions but only my actions"

fulrmr

Quote from: hemiboy on May 08, 2014, 11:38:18 PM
Yeah Of course I was satin it would be ok with falam patch on only . I am starting to get jealous of those of us who live in a situation which allows cutting loose without worrying about Falam  patches, drum risers, this mesh head or that. Time to go play somewhere else on an  acoustic kit or e kit where no neighbor is banging on the ceiling or my front door, one thing I always have had a problem with is  restrictions imposed by others. I continue to try to act like  an adult and do the right thing, but inside I childishly want to go into a 20 minute solo with tons of double bass just to piss the neighbors off. So , I guess it comes down to the old saying that "I am not judged by my thinking or intentions but only my actions"

Yeah I do not envy those that have to deal with neighbors or sound issues. I would never own an acoustic kit...but I can turn up the wattage whenever I desire. But frankly....I like the cans and the minimal acoustic overtones of the pads and Gen 16s are really not of any concern. :)

hemiboy

I really don't see myself ever using an acoustic kit,  as such, in my living space for all the obvious reasons., but I  love the a to e full size shells and don't think there would ever be a reason for me to return to playing the smaller pads of an e kit. I like the look,feel, and size of the bigger shells. Speaking of the gen 16's, are you the new owner or almost for the new bronzed edition . I think they were to be released around this time, right?