News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

Quote from: twisted.mellow on August 08, 2011, 05:39:40 AM
Ah of course... should have put "ed" and "ed" together... the 2Box convert from Sydney :)

Have you done the memory mod to your module yet? I just ordered an SD card extender today... now gotta cough up another $70 for the memory card... bloody money pits these things!! lol

Ha, yeah, GAS is not as extreme as in the roland world but still.... Once you got a 32 Sd card you start asking yourself "now what VST should I use to create my own dsnd's and fill this bloody card" hehe

I've done the mod, easy as pie, now I just take the card out and insert it in my mac directly without using the usb port of the module. Hope you get your orange box soon. 8)

digitalDrummer

I think you'll find Ed was probably the first person Down Under to take the memory plunge.
On the pricing issue, do you think Roland owners would think twice about the opportunity of gaining 32GB of memory for just $80? I reckon they'd jump at it. Compare that to what you can do with a CF card on the TD-20!
Now make sure you have a play with the module before you do the mod!

edcito

Quote from: digitalDrummer on August 08, 2011, 07:03:05 AM
I think you'll find Ed was probably the first person Down Under to take the memory plunge.
On the pricing issue, do you think Roland owners would think twice about the opportunity of gaining 32GB of memory for just $80? I reckon they'd jump at it. Compare that to what you can do with a CF card on the TD-20!
Now make sure you have a play with the module before you do the mod!

Hehe, yeah, but I'd happy to see more aussies taking the plunge, firstly by purchasing the module and then by creating their own dsnd's out of their favorite VST.
By the way, the makers of Superior Drummer just gave their customers their (temporary) approval to create dsnds from SD2, but I'm sure Jman is posting it right now, so I better shut up and wait for his post :patbat2box:

Jman

Quote from: edcito on August 11, 2011, 12:25:41 AM
Hehe, yeah, but I'd happy to see more aussies taking the plunge, firstly by purchasing the module and then by creating their own dsnd's out of their favorite VST.
By the way, the makers of Superior Drummer just gave their customers their (temporary) approval to create dsnds from SD2, but I'm sure Jman is posting it right now, so I better shut up and wait for his post :patbat2box:
Yup, posted over there and over here so it is Official, at least for now!
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

twisted.mellow

I don't understand why these companies aren't releasing their own DSND's for the 2Box... another opportunity for money! In today's world of micro-transactions (iPhone apps, etc), companies are making a lot of money that way! Who'd pay $20 odd for a snare sound ready to drop in to their 2Box? I would!

GenuineHuman

I'm sure some company will do that eventually. 2Box has been on a market for less than two years.

MusicJunkie

Hey there everyone!

Thought we'd pop by to say hello - we're a 2Box stockist here in Leicester, and we love it! Incredible sounds and fun to play. Here's hoping they keep up the good work!

SHwoKing

Hello everyone.

I've been watching this forum for several days and decided to quit Stealth mode and give it a try.

I'm very interested in 2box offer. Especially today because i was able to test the Drumit 5 and was stunned by the stock sounds of the module.

Right now, i own a DTX900K and was really impressed by the 2box sound.

Cheers.

CanoeWorkshop

Hey

I just bought a 2Box and am waiting for delivery for the UK, so can't wait.

I wanted to let you know about eDrum Attic if you already didn't. They helped me out a great deal and seem to know what they are talking about without any sales bull. I would thoroughly recommend them.

Glad there is a forum, specially when the product is from such a small manufacturer, good resource. No doubt I will be looking in on a regular basis.

I play Yamaha Maple Custom and have been playing for 30 years. I have been out of the game for 3 years though so going to use the 2Box to get back into shape.

ROB219

G'day peoples.

Rob is my name, I'm a known entity over on the VDrums Forum as "rasoo"

So... yep sold the TD20 epxanded and got myself a 2Box module and hats to replace it. I've tried it once before with mixed thoughts but I am giving it another shot as I was bored lifeless with the Roland module. Yeah it plays ok but I wasn't liking what I was hearing out of the PA one night.

I'm somewhat of a DIY'er... a few guys know of me and some stuff I do, so it will be interesting coming up with some solutions to 2Box issues as/if they arise.

Anyway, enough about me... see ya's 'round.

Rob.

edtc

hi Rob

good to have more DIY'ers on this forum ... do you have a link to the stuff you did ? 

ROB219

Hmm.... nothing specific as there is quite a lot... Done quite a few kits and mods here and there.

But lets just say I like to make things. Lots of different things... sometimes for things that need other things to make those things better, and stuff like that. ;)

Pete the drummer

Hi everyone.

Just thought I'd do what it says and say hello.

After 13 years with my old trusty Ddrum4 I've finally come into the 21st century and bought a Drumit 5.  Ordered form Production Rooms here in Leeds it came just before Christmas week (within 3 days of ordering!!!). I've just got it set up in my practice room (or garage) and I know it's going to be brilliant once I fine-tune it to suit me.

I'm sure I'll get lots of good ideas from this forum.

Oh, and happy new year for this weekend

puttenvr

Bitbasher2010

Hi there !

I'm also a newbie on this forum, so just thought I'd say hello.  I've been using a Yamaha DTXpress IV Special kit for the last 3 years, though got myself a Drumit 5 a couple of weeks ago (and have sold the Yamaha on ebay).  Drum It 5 wins hands down - its just great ! Its so much more responsive, feeling like a real acoustic kit.  I have never been tempted by Roland kits, though considered the Pearl EPro Live (though don't like the drum brain) or a JoBekey set up (very nice, probably quite similar if using the same brain).  I look forward to exploring the Drumit features, as I also have BFD2.  Thanks to 2 Box for producning a great up to date kit !  Also thanks for this forum !  :)