News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GenuineHuman

Yeah, that's true. I would play it all the time if my shinbone (or whole leg) wouldn't hurt. Maybe you'll be better off in this regard as you have played drums before and I'm a complete beginner.   ::) (roll eyes smiley doesn't work  :'( )

OA

Hi all

I'm Phil and i'm a  :patbat2box:holic!! Oops, wrong forum.

I recently bought a Drumit 5 along with a Jobeky shell pack, I use it in conjunction with acoustic cymbals for gigging and have just done my fifth gig with it.

It's a bit of a learning curve after playing acoustic for too many years, but the quality is superb.

I run it through an active PA, the T Box pro Achat 1 x 12" subs & matching 1 x 8 tops. The kit and system have had some superb reviews.

I play for two bands, a latin jazz band at venues from small restauraunts to large corporate functions, so the gear has to be compact and versatile, and with a large concert band where I used to have to carry round loads of toys and effects, but no more as I just sample them and am getting an Alesis 8 pad unit as a midi trigger for the other sounds.

Here's a shot of my kit

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h87/originalanimal/TWB/June11163.jpg

Evy

UC

Hey excellent 2box people, and lurkers :)

Hope you like the new look for the forum - still true to its orange roots, but hopefully a bit easier on the eye :)

Some new measures will hopefully further cut down on the level of spam registrations and general crapola, but as ever, please do keep using the "report" button on any posts that shouldn't be here, thanks!

UC

puttenvr

Well done, but is it possible to get a smaller look on wide screens?

UC

I'll have a go, and also tidy up some of these ads.
Cheers Putt :)

GenuineHuman

Hate to complain but this is too narrow as it is now.

UC

There's always one.

;D

How's this?

edit: nice username by the way :)

Hellfire

nonoduweb

When they'll see this new forum, perhaps that 2box will also update their site?  ::)

juan

Here stopping by and saying hello (going back to the original subject...), I'm not new here, it's just that my former account was gone with the 400-spam-accounts-clean-up, no worries because being a daily reader of the forums I had very few posts, I hope this one serves for UC to know that I'm a human being who deserves to survive the next clean up :)

Next week my kit arrives, we'll see if it leads me to leave the silent mode, hehe.

edcito

Quote from: juan on June 29, 2011, 09:24:25 PM
Here stopping by and saying hello (going back to the original subject...), I'm not new here, it's just that my former account was gone with the 400-spam-accounts-clean-up, no worries because being a daily reader of the forums I had very few posts, I hope this one serves for UC to know that I'm a human being who deserves to survive the next clean up :)

Next week my kit arrives, we'll see if it leads me to leave the silent mode, hehe.

Good to hear from you Juan, I don't care about the post count neither, it seems ridiculous to me how other people in other forums brag about having 455000 posts... most of them saying "I agree" or "that's utterly rubbish!"
Post some pics of your new kit when you get it :patbat2box:

juan

Quote from: edcito on June 29, 2011, 11:56:50 PM
Good to hear from you Juan, I don't care about the post count neither, it seems ridiculous to me how other people in other forums brag about having 455000 posts... most of them saying "I agree" or "that's utterly rubbish!"
Post some pics of your new kit when you get it :patbat2box:

I agree!

;D