News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

Quote from: Mopsi on January 23, 2011, 05:45:10 AM
Hello to everybody,

I received my Kit last Thursday. After some tweaks (triggergain, mixes of the set etc..) i´m really happy with it.
What a difference in sound to the roland kits. I´m impressed.

Best wishes Mopsi

That's right the sounds are so much better, but 1 point the ride triggering is still weird...
playing with low velocity leeds to weird triggering between edge and bell.
2box must update this problem...

Mopsi

Yes, bell sounds need hard hits. Nearly impossible to get bellsound with a smooth hit.

supermonster

Hi All

Ordered my 2Box in december and finally got it 10 days ago.  :D The Swiss distributor did everything possible to get the set asap for me. I'm really happy now, coming from a Yamaha DTXpress 4 Special kit says it all i think! :rock:
As a beginner (started playing drums 1 year ago) I can learn much more, better and faster with the 2Box because of the realistic pads compared to the rubber things from yamaha... Just the cymbals and the hihat have a strange behaviour.. As I have read the last weeks in this really great forum with fantastic people posting their comments and ideas this is the weakest point of the 2Box and no solutions are coming as far as I can see...
Let's wait and see if 2Box or another manufacturer will bring out a working cymbal set.

Maybe the Zildjian Gen16AE Cymbals will be a good addition. ;D ;D ;D

Evy

Welcome to the forum!  Glad you're happy with your kit.  I for one have no issues with the cymbals, to me they respond as good or better than anything else on the market.  I guess you've found how much of a step up sound/feel wise 2Box is compared to, well, anything.  However I think you're right in looking forward to the Gen16's.  What a great kit it would be combining 2Box and those!!!

supermonster

I'm really happy, especially about the Mark II hardware... Not becoming a friend of the 2Box cymbals has maybe to do with my routine... Absolute beginners should not complain about the drum set and better invest more time and energy in practice and following the drum lessons.  :D :drum2:

supermonster

Hi 2Boxers around the world! :rock:

Now it's a month I have my Drummit5 at home and still I have this uneraseable smile in my face when I sit down and make my daily practice sessions. I ordered an additional 12" snare pad (as an additional floor tom) and a cymbal to be more flexible in using more sounds in one set.

The swiss 2Box and formerly ddrum distributor has posted some really great vintage video footage on youtube showing swiss drum legends like JoJo Meyer and Enzo Todesco playing triggered ddrum systems back in 1993. I was involved in this video recording sessions back in the early 90's and it is fun to see and hear what made ddrum so legendary. PS: Don't laugh too loud about the haircuts, it's allmost 20 years ago. ;D
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTriggerhead#p/u

nonoduweb

Welcome to the forum, supermonster.

Quote from: supermonster on March 15, 2011, 06:51:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTriggerhead#p/u

Excellent drummer. The metronome plays very well too, with a great solo at 00:20.  ;)

supermonster

there are also other clips on the youtube channel... (and I suppose other metronomes too)... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jimmy C

Hello Everyone -

I am a former TD-20/ddrum4 user but have been away from edrums for a few years.  I currently play a wonderful Pearl Reference kit, which by the way, is orange.  Well, I guess its technically "Root Beer Fade" 8)

My other acoustic kit that I typically use to gig with is a Zickos acrylic kit, which is......yes, again - orange!  Ok, technically that one is really "Amber"  ;D

I also drive a Honda and yes, unbelievably - its orange!!! And just in case no one wants to own an orange car, Honda technically calls it "Citrus"  :P

So I ask you, what color *really* is the Drumit 5, technically speaking, of course? 
And please do not say "Salmon"!
:o

If it even remotely resembles orange, as it appears to me, then even I can't understand why I dont already have it!  Ahhhh, now I remember - still no US distributor! :(

Anyway, I am really looking forward to receiving the Drumit 5 brain I just ordered from Canada.  I have some old Pearl Rhythm Traveler toms that I will trigger with the Drumit 5 but will probably use my TD-20X for the HH and cymbals, since I already have Roland HH/cymbals pads and I only purchased the Drumit 5 module, not the entire kit.  My biggest gripe about the TD-20 has always been the toms so I am real excited about finally getting something up to my expectations there.  Eventually, I may combine my acoustic Pearl Reference kit with pads, triggers and both modules.  But that's for another day...

I definitely see some familiar names on this forum and its nice to be "back in the fold" so to speak.  Anyway, wanted to check in an say hi...

Jimmy C
  :drum2:

edtc

hey!

Today we are 666 members in this community... :rock:

edcito

Hey! I'm Ed from Sydney. I currently play a Roland TD12kx, the latest model, but, as it's widely known, they only improve the hardware and the looks of it and not the sounds in the box:(  

I'm not a pro, I just want to play along with my fave music and I'm considering switching to a 2box. Even when I know that I won't recover the costs of the roland, I'm tired of the same sounds, machine gunning and the horrendous hotspot. I don't want to spend hours fiddling with the settings just to eliminate that and I couldn't care less about cymbal swells, positional sensing or hihat expressiveness (I have a VH-11 and, believe me it's hard to set), that's why I'm thinking of taking the plunge.

I'm researching the best prices here in Australia, so far the best offer I've found is $3399 (2489 eur aprox). Any aussie with a 2box around here?

Alternatively, I could consider buying first the module and the hihat alone, which are available from edrum attic and try it with the roland pads and cymbals and see how it all works out. Just a couple of questions: 1 - Are there any differences in the pads of the 2 versions beside the 3 bolts? 2- What about the cymbals, especially the hihat? Are they the same?
I know the rack and the pedals have been improved already but I think I'd still replace them with my iron cobras ::)
Ok enough introduction, hope to see more 2boxes around and remember everyone has their specific needs so don't bash me about the comments regarding hihat expresiveness. :P
Cheers,
Ed

puttenvr

Hi Ed, welcome to the club
You won't regret switching from a Roland to 2Box
It's a huge improvement in terms of dynamics and sound
The pads are 10 and 12 inch and technically the same
There's 1 hihat pad and cymbal pads; the latter are all the same too

edcito

Thanks Putten, I've made up my mind and ordered the 2box module and the hihat :patbat2box:
I will try them with the "roll and" pads, if it works fine I'm gonna get rid of the td12 module and will have a hybrid kit. I forgot to mention that I'm an expat living in Australia and I have no idea how long I will be staying here, so I will much prefer a compact but powerful kit (I've own the td4 and td9 and they are compact but not so powerful hehe) so I might start adding the 2box pads and selling the "rool and" pads ;D
And I love orange! Why do people hate it? ok maybe the silver rack does not match it but I think on a black rack the pads would look sweeter :rock:

Linc

Hi all,

Been lurking around here awhile doing a lot of research into my first ekit, 2box won for me so here I am. Paid my deposit today and should receive my kit by end of next week. I played many years ago and couldn't resist the urge to get back into it, especially with how far ekits have come along.

looking forward to the journey.

Cheers all
Linc

nonoduweb

Hi Linc, welcome to the forum!
It's cool that you go back to the drum world with a 2box kit, but now the problem is that it will be difficult to stop playing!